Sad Loss

Guest Niles

We just lost our dog Lucy two weeks ago. We rescued this huge mixed breed from a pound over 11 years ago. She was a great travel companion. Though her passing is sad, we look on the positive side. We gave this dog a very good life and she gave us a lot of love.

Being a dog lover all of my life, we looked into greyhounds. We just completed the adoption of a two year old fawn colored male. His name is Niles as in my user name. I thought I would let him review everything I write before I post it here. :)

This is Lucy.

th_lucy.jpg

I am sorry on your loss of Lucy. I am glad you honored her by adopting a new dog. Niles sounds like he will make a wonderful friend.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest Tenderhearts

I am so sorry for your loss of Lucy. What beautiful soulful eyes she had! :wub: Rescuing a pound dog is a wonderful thing to do, and as you said, she had a good long life with you! :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

I hope Niles helps to heal your broken hearts, and I look forward to hearing more about him! :)

Guest VaGreymom

What a beautiful face on that pupper. :wub::wub: Sounds like it was a match made in heaven. I am sorry for your loss. Lucy would be very happy you will be helping another dog find its forever home.

Oh sweet Lucy...fly free on golden wings at the Bridge honey girl. Thank you for sending your family a very special babe to help heal their hearts. :grouphug:f_pink Godspeed Angel Lucy.

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so sorry about Lucy, and yes, you've honored her in the best possible way. A warning though, if you let Niles review what you post, pretty soon he will be posting on his own. It happens here quite often, much to the dismay and chagrin of the owners--but to the delight of many of us. :);)

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

:f_white:heart:heart:paw:heart:heart:f_white

Lucy looks so sweet. I am so sorry for your loss...I know your heart is just broken over her crossing the bridge...I'll bet you have a lot of happy memories of her. She looks like she made you laugh a lot. She left the door open for Niles to slip in...she's nestled in your heart forever.

Guest LuvXRacers

What a precious face your Lucy had. I am so sorry for your loss.

Your greyhound will bring many smiles to your heart.

:f_red

Edited by LuvXRacers