Twiggy, Gone One Year Ago Today

Guest Sniffy

I lost Twiggy one year ago today. She was my best friend, and according to my DW, she was 'my other wife'. Well, I did spend more time with Twiggy! We were inseparable. I took her to work with me, we ran errands together, and we never skimped on her walks: 30 mins in the morning, an hour in the evening, regardless of the weather.

During the past year (and even before that) I'd always avoided the Remembrance Forum, because I thought it was too sad. But I need to be supportive of everyone else who's lost their beloved greys, so in Twiggy's memory I pledge to spend more time in Remembrance, to read the stories of other people who have suffered the same loss.

Miss ya Twiggy! :heart

i miss twiggy also, jack. it's hard to believe that it's already been one year. i'll never forget her fantastic Halloween costumes (twiggy as britney, twiggy as sushi) and i will never forget that she was the ONLY well behaved hound that morning on the beach.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Twiggy Spears! Note: Twiggy also didn't wear underwear beneath the skirt....

post-3986-1170190351_thumb.jpg

just saw your post Robin...! good timing.

A better Sushi picture.

post-3986-1170190572.jpg

Twiggy as a hula girl.....with coconut shell bikini top.

post-3986-1170190732_thumb.jpg

Guest greymomx2

Awww...what sweet photos of a beautiful girl. I love the idea of honoring her by going into Remembrance and supporting others. I'm vowing to do the same. :grouphug

Twiggy, say hi to my kids Beau and Murray, ok? :colgate

:heart

Awww...what sweet photos of a beautiful girl. I love the idea of honoring her by going into Remembrance and supporting others. I'm vowing to do the same. :grouphug

Me too. Bringing a grey into your home and having to help them leave are two of the most emotional things we go through as grey parents. Bringing them home is a very joyous occasion, but having to say goodbye to them is one of the hardest things we will ever do. I think anyone who loses a grey appreciates seeing even a :grouphug or a f_yellow in their thread....it means other people care enough to take the time to acknowledge their grief.

Coming here to Remembrance can be a sad thing, but reading the wonderful tributes and stories people write about their beloved greys is very heartwarming. It shows how much we love and care for these wonderful creatures.

And, I just love seeing the pics of Twiggy......I would love to see more if you have them. :)

Edited by greypuppyluv

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest vahoundlover

:grouphug:grouphug I love the pics of Twiggy, what a special girl you have. :beatheart She isn't far....just look up to the night sky...she is there...watching over you..

:f_pink

You all are so nice.

Found some more pics:

Don't greyhounds look like cyclists? Here's Twiggy Armstrong! Notice that the Livestrong bracelet had to be converted to an earring, as it kept falling off her paw.

Twiggy Armstrong, front and rear view.

post-3986-1170256089_thumb.jpg

post-3986-1170256235_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sniffy

jack, you and your co-workers were nuts!! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

i mean that as the highest compliment :)

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I think the "Brittany no underwear look" looks SOOOOOO much better on Twiggy! Twiggy Armstrong is beyond funny!

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

:f_pink:paw:brokenheart:gh_lay:brokenheart:paw:f_pink

Sniffy...I understand what you mean...its amazing how good a person can feel when they post here, then someone sends a vase of flowers or a hug icon...or just a note. Its the best support you'll ever find. Its so sad to lose your best friend, but it'll warm you heart to find that there are others who feel exactly how you do. I think its a greyt way to show your tribute to Twiggy...

Guest PNWtrillium
I think anyone who loses a grey appreciates seeing even a grouphug.gif or a flowers_yellow.gif in their thread....it means other people care enough to take the time to acknowledge their grief.

Yes, GreyPuppyLuv, it means so very much.

Thanks, Jack, for sharing Twiggy pix with us. It's good to laugh. (Sushi dog -- who would've thought of that one!) She was a lucky pup.

Sushi dog -- who would've thought of that one!) She was a lucky pup.

Thanks...DW gets credit for that idea. The best part was that evening's walk coincided with the neighborhood's "trick or treat" time, and many of their kids not only recognized her as a piece of sushi, they even named the type of fish (in Japanese) that she resembled :lol:lol