Missing Tinsel

greypuppyluv

Five years ago today we lost Tinsel, my baby-girl, to cancer. I had found a lump on her throat and took her in to the vet. They aspirated it, but couldn't find what was causing it. It continued to grow, so we scheduled her for surgery the week before Christmas. How I wish I had scheduled the surgery for sometime after Christmas. December 18th, 2001, she went in, had the surgery, and things were looking ok. Then, the vet called me at work......Tinsel had crashed and they were trying to revive her. They were able to bring her back briefly, but she ended up losing the battle to live. She died before I could see her again :weep . The cancer ended up being thyroid cancer and the vet told me that it was a fast growing cancer......she probably didn't have much time left anyway. But, I just wish I could have had her with me during Christmas.

She came off the track right before Christmas and her group was named after the Christmas theme with Tinsel, Claus, Garland. We adopted her in May 1993 and she was my birthday present......the best damn birthday present I ever received :rolleyes: . Her name was so very fitting for her, so we kept it. She was my bunny-soft, tall, shy, beautiful baby-girl and I miss her every day. She and I started volunteering the month after we adopted her and have been doing so ever since. She helped many greyhounds find loving homes......I still have people tell me to this day that they remember Tinsel and adopted their grey because of her :) .

I miss you I will always love you, baby-girl

Tinselcurledonthecouch.jpg

Tinselscalendarphoto-revised.jpg

TinselinherBunnycostume.jpg

Tinselthefashionmodel2.jpg

TinselwithherChristmasstocking.jpg

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

We remember gentle Tinsel.

Willow came in with the same Christmas group.

She was called Jillian.

I get so sad remembering all the wonderful kids that have gone.

But Tinsel and all the others have left us enough sweet memories for a lifetime.

Rest in Peace Tinsel.

Paula, I'm sure your baby girl is smiling down at you from the Bridge. Thank you for sharing her with us. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Sweet Angel Tinsel...you are so loved and missed. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Tinsel was beautiful. It doesn't matter how long it's been, it is still so hard. May her memories remain alive forever in your heart.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge