So Many Losses Recently

Guest Pookie

I just wanted to post to ask for some comforting thoughts for my group, in the last 2 weeks we have lost 2 dogs and another probably soon to follow :( I haven't been with the group long but from the start it was clear to me how much they care for their dogs.

Venus (Side View - June 1992 to Nov. 1, 2006)

Venus was a permanent foster with the group. She was returned at the age of 11 and spend 3 1/2 years in loving home of one of our members. Unfortunately she was having hind end weakness and becoming disorientation at home so the decision was made to let her go.

Chance (? - Nov. 4, 2006)

Chance was found abandoned on the side of the road in 2000 with no tatoos. Chance was adopted by a loving family and lived happily with them for 6 years. Recent x-rays showed a tumor on his heart and so he was sent over to the bridge.

Godspeed Chance and Venus :gh_run May you frolic with old friends and new at the bridge. :angelwings

Please think of the families in their time of loss.

Thank You

Karen

My heartfelt sympathy. I just know they are running with the best up over that big beautiful rainbow. I look to the stars at night and pray Howie is watching over me. I even bought him his own star from yourstar.com. I love the universe and know Venus and Chance are at peace. :gh_lay

Thank you for all of the kind thoughts. It just seems like everytime I check my mail there is something else :( We also have another member who's dog Cosmo has osteo, they are waiting for him to tell them that he is ready to pass on. :(

We love them knowing that at some point they will leave us. The joy they give us is so much more powerful than the loss. Bless our hounds for the loving souls that they have and that they are. May your hearts heal and may another hound come to fill you once again with joy.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

So easy to love a dog, and so hard to say goodbye.

Venus and Chance, run with the wind and sleep on the softest clouds.

Cosmo, I hope you and your family have some sweet moments together yet.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.