In Memory Of Peepaw

Guest Heehoo

Guest Gogh4It

61905.jpg

I can't believe its only been a year since you went away...it broke everyone's heart that you couldn't stay here any longer. I miss you more than anyone can understand. I think about you all the time and I have so many things to tell you and to share with you.

Little things remind me of you and how you would always have a story to share with any issue that came up in our lives. I miss that so much.

Whenever I see a plane take off from the airport, I think of you. Even when I ride my lawnmower, I think of you. You were such a great daddy. I'm keeping care of the lawnmower too...don't worry.

If I could have you back here, I would do anything but I know it can't happen so I can just look forward to the day when we walk hand in hand over the rainbow & across the bridge.

I love you & I miss you so much daddy. :brokenheart

I just bet that our Daddy's paths have crossed by now. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

your Peepaw seems like such a great guy :wub: I'm so sorry for your loss....

1 year, 2, 3....the years don't matter. I lost mine 24 years ago when I was 16 and I still think of him very frequently.

just keep him in your heart, that's where he belongs -- and he'll never really be gone :)

:bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am glad you have such wonderful memories. He will live there in your memories forever.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest HHDesigns

Yes, Peepaw was a sweet one and I know you miss him just like I miss my Dad -- he was my best friend... Love you and I'll be thinking of you on Saturday... :heart

Guest greyhidden

What a coincidence! I was just thinking last night about my daddy who died the day AFTER Xmas in 1994. I was recently looking at pictures; found one of him and my beagle at the table with Radar under his left arm trying to get at the lobster dinner. To this day, when I see a commercial advertizing Rush Presbyterian Hospital, I turn it off. The surgeon ACCIDENTLY cut the main artery to the heart; improperly sewed daddy together. Mom wouldn't autopsy. She told me that he's gone, just leave it at that.

:grouphug

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012

Guest Gogh4It

Yesterday morning, I got outside & trimmed the hedges & then got daddy's mower out & cut the front yard...little things that he taught me always come to mind when I ride the mower...when on a slanted piece of land, lean to the opposite way so the mower doesn't flip. When I went to the backyard, I got stuck on the right front wheel in a doggie built hole, for a split second I panicked & it was as if he said "turn off the blade, then raise it up, okay now put it in reverse" the mower came right out.

Its those little things that daddies teach us that make us such good people.

Guest how888

Hilda, talk about coincidence again, I too was thinking of my dad yesterday. We use to live in the country and walk in the woods with all our dogs. I would love to see ferns and yesterday I took a walk and saw all these ferns and it triggered those beautiful memories. That picture of your dad is just so precious. Today I go into work and my co worker said "Oh I had these 2 huge ferns hanging in my window and thought you might like one." Wow, talk about divine intervention. :grouphug:f_red :f_red

Guest Gogh4It

Thank you everyone for the sweet words & prayers & wonderful thoughts regarding my daddy.

I talked to my sisters yesterday & both of them had the same kind of weekend, everything they did reminded them of him. Pat said she got out & rode the tractor to cut one of the horse pastures & turned to look at the house & saw his lawn chair & started just boo hooing. Lynn said she was working in the flowerbeds & used one of his hand shovels & thought about him...

I hope everyone took a moment & thought about their daddies when they read this & either gave them a hug or called them on the phone...

My goodness....it seems like not that long ago that I remember you posting about his passing. I remembered it so well, as I just loved his "name".

Dad's are such special people. I would not be the person I am today without the strong influence and love from my Dad.

:grouphug

Guest Gogh4It

When my neice was starting to talk, she called me Heehoo & my parents were Peepaw & Meemaw...yet she called her paternal grandparents different names. We girls all started calling them Meemaw & Peepaw & it just stuck...25 yrs later, he was still Peepaw. He always had a smile on his face & his eyes always sparkled.

It broke my heart when he was in the hospital & was hallucinating & he was so afraid...but he couldn't tell us what he was afraid of.

On that last day, when we came into his room after the hospital called us, he asked "Is it time to go home?"....we didn't understand what he meant at first until when the nurse came in, he asked her the same thing & always with this look of innocence & wonder.

My sister Pat & I both went home about 1:30 to take care of dogs & horses & he asked us "Is it time to go home?"...I said Not yet, maybe you can go home later...I'm going home to feed the dogs & I'll be back.

At 3:45pm my sister called & said he had died...and it then dawned on me...He went home.