2 Years Today He's Been Gone

kjw

Dear Cody, my angel at the bridge;

I can hardly believe that 2 years have past since you left us. I can still see you romping in the yard, and everytime I pass your tree, now called "Cody's Corner", I think of the times you spent there, snoozing happily away in the summer warmth. More often you were chasing squirrels, birds, and racing around the yard with your brother Bailey, and doing your best to turn the yard into a moonscape. I remember your cold nose nuzzled into my hand if I was outside, you were my velcro boy and stuck by my side, and my hand seemed so empty once you'd left us. You were never one to be ignored, or even to take a place behind your brother. Larger than life, you enjoyed the time you had here with every fiber of your being. We did not know that time would be so short, but no regrets here, we enjoyed every second of the time we had with you. You were closest to my heart in those first months.

7f3efea4eac714f582fa52bb258d495b.JPG

While your brother enjoyed being an escape artist, you never tried to run away. You were happy being here, and loved Bailey a lot. He has never allowed anyone to be so close to him as you were.

a67d3002e4d3e1cd56aa935c9f9f12ee.JPG

In the 2 years you've been gone, I have thought of you every day, at first with grief, shock and horror because of how you passed. With time, I came to appreciate that you went so quickly. It was hard on us here, but so much better for you. I was also given the gift of being with you when you passed, mostly because Bailey barked to let me know something was wrong. He never used to bark in those days, so that allowed me to stay with you as you went to the bridge. That has comforted me more than anything, I think. As time has passed, we have been able to slowly heal, and while your absence is still felt, more often it is joy that I feel when I think of you, and all the times we had together. You taught me what it was to be loved by a big alpha greyhound, and there is nothing in the world to compare to that.

We all miss you sweetie, and one day, I will see you again.

679b0d4823e5dfb39122debb2e3535dc.jpg

fa82e8088b2f9e167e9748e12adc1dc9.JPG

be594f0bf348f77b2185985b54d0415f.jpg

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

I remember how sudden it was. I can't help but think of him every time I see pics of your two newest boys. What a legacy he left in leading you to them . Sending hugs. :grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest how888

My heartfelt sympathy. What a beautiful emotional tribute to such a handsome angel. I can't wait to see them all again "Somewhere Over The Rainbow." Howie has been gone 2 years now and it seems like yesterday. Your tribute made me cry. :f_red:f_red:gh_lay

:cry1

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

I can't believe it's been two years either. What a sweetheart.

Hugs to his momma.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a beautiful tribute. Always in our hearts. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry Karen. I wish I had had the opportunity to meet Cody. But because of Cody, we've had the joy of friendship and brotherhood. Cody is gone but not forgotten.

We're sending you and Michelle big fat Cleo, Cole, Athena and Bella hugs.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

i don't think i'll ever forget reading about what happened to cody. it was everybody's worst nightmare. it's hard to believe that it's been two years :grouphug

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.