For Sally

Guest troiblue

Guest troiblue

My darling girl, what can I say about you? That you were beautiful? that you were my best friend? that you saved my life? No amount of words can describe you and do you justice but I will try.

You were my first dog and came to live with me when your owner died. Very underweight and very nervous, you had almost starved to death yourself.

You peered out at me from behind a chair but would not come close. I managed to coax you out after an hour but you darted under the coffee table shaking. After about an hour and although you were terrified you bravely managed a tail wag and took a treat from my hand. After that I was hooked. You moved in the next day and it seemed that you had always been here.

I helped you get stronger and more confident and a year later you returned the favour when my mum died. I took it really badly cos mum and I had been very close but you kept me going darling, gave me a reason to get up in the morning and endless cuddles. A look in those big brown eyes and I knew in your own way you understood.

You blossomed and became a PAT dog and everyone in the area knew you and loved you because of the special way you had about you. Its been a year today since your kidneys failed and you went to the bridge to be with your first mum, but people still talk about you and miss you.

When you passed it hurt so much and I swore no more dogs but I missed you so much - you came everywhere with me - that I gave in.

I could not even think about another Rough Collie cos Each one I saw reminded me of you too much, so I got Ben a big bouncy greyhound. In some ways he is so different from you but there is something about him that reminds me of you. Maybe its his love of people and gentleness with children and the elderly. He cannot ever take your place my angel but then he was never meant to, he is incredible too in his own way.

We went through the toughest part of our lives together and I have many wonderful memories. Thank you my sweetheart, I miss you.

I have you brush, I have your lead.

I have your collar too.

I've lots of lovely memories

What I don't have, is you.

Robbi XXX

:brokenheart

Always in our hearts...run free sweet baby girl. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.