Little Kitty On The Road

Guest greymouse

Guest greymouse

Last night I had to go out about 7:30. When I turned left onto the street that I was headed for......a fairly busy street, I saw somthing furry lying on the road. I was by it before I realized that it was a cat and although I was upset, I kept going to my destination a couple of blocks away. I was back within five minutes and stopped to see if it was still alive. After yelling and waving my arms wildly at a car speeding right for the little thing (I was hoping that it might be still alive and could be saved), I was able to go on the road and check her out. She was obviously dead although she had no marks or blood. When I picked her up she was so soft and still very warm. I didn't know what else to do but lay her on the lawn of the house that she had been hit in front of. It was in darkness so I didn't knock on the door. As I was laying her on the lawn, a woman and three kids came walking along ( I was hoping that it wasn't their cat) and said that they lived up a couple of houses and didn't recognize the cat. I stayed and pet her for a few minutes. She was small and a very pretty soft orange and white. I hated to leave her there all alone and I cried on the way home. She has been on my mind all day. I hope someone cared enough to miss her and come looking for her. I just hate the thought that she is still lying there......all alone and forgotten.

:cry1

I think about this kind of thing all the time. We just can't save them all, but we can ache for them, pray for them, think about them. It's all we can do.

Bless your heart for caring. Kitty is fine now, and I am sure she knows you cared.

:(

Edited by HooversMom

Thank you for caring for her, even if it was ony at the end. We had a stray that lived around our house and we found her in a very similar manner one morning, just laying out in the yard. I hope if Kitty had a family that they will find her.

Guest jettcricket

...Poor little kitty. It always upsets me to see an animal lying dead on the road. I drive thru a Senior Citizen development each day to work. A few years back there was a small kitten that had been hit laying dead on the curb. Mind you there's houses all around and people walking on the sidewalk where the kitten was in full view. Finally after 2 days I stopped, picked the kitten up, wrapped her in an old clean hand towel, brought her to work and buried her. It pissed me off that NO ONE thought enough of this poor little lost life to pick this little baby up. Like she was just a piece of garbage. Even if they didn't want to do it themselves they could have called animal control. :( Your a good person for doing what you did - don't ever change.

Edited by jettcricket

This is becoming all to common. This morning same thing happened to me. I saw something black and white in the road and at first, thought is was a skunk.. but no, it was a beautiful kitty. I stopped and put it on the grass on the side of the road. It was still warm but clearly dead. It's a very residential area and hopefully, the owners will find it and put it to rest. I cried all the way to work. :(

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

Guest jettcricket

I do understand that sometimes, if not most times, it's unavoidable in hitting an animal, but why leave it?! If you don't want to pick it up yourself, call Animal Control. More than likely it's someone's pet. Have a little compassion.

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

That was nice of you to take her out of the road. The same thing happened to me a few months ago. I saw the cat get hit and by the time I raced up the street and ran out to get her she was gone. I stopped traffic on a very busy 4 lane highway with the help of a guy in a big truck. He blocked 2 lanes so I could run out and get her. Now she is claimed as yours and will be waiting for you at the Bridge when you get there. At least that is what I believe.

How wonderful that you both took a moment to honour their little bodies, when so many others have passed by. I find so often when I think of our (humans) relationships with animals, that parts of The Little Prince occur to me;

"It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important."

You took the time to care for them; no matter what happened after, you made them important by your actions. Thank you.

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves