The Pain Is More Overwheming Than I Ever Imagined.

Guest vwagner1

No matter how long they stay, they never stay long enough. You made the best decision for your girl. You let her fly free from pain.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry, I have beeen where you are and it hurts like hell. These gentle souls love us with all of their being and we owe it to them to love them enough to know when we have to let them go. You have done the right thing for Kimmie, the only thing that you could do, you loved her enough to let her go. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

It is so hard to lose them..whether you help them or they just go, it's never enough time, and you worry "what more could I or should I have done?".

Let me tell you, girl, I even went so far as to take a dog first aid class after my dog died because I thought it was my fault I didn't really know much about Dog CPR and such (like it would have helped? No!!..but it was part of the healing process and at least I know a little more now).

Just cry, vent, get angry, get sad, maybe even feel strangely happy thinking about the good times. And don't worry about how long your grief lasts or what brings it on....take as much time as you need, come here and type type type...whatever.

You will never forget your pup, but it WILL get easier.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

All I can say is this: I've been where you are, and it DOES get better. That doesn't mean we forget, it doesn't mean it doesn't ever hurt again, it doesn't mean the "what if's" and "I should haves" won't torment you from time to time. But it does get better. Gradually the happy memories begin to filter in through the gloom and make you smile. Sometimes you'll feel a little tingle like you felt when they were beside you. They can and do send signs that they've only left us in body.

It helps me to remember that bodies wear out with time. Souls don't. Time on earth may be short, but memory is very, very long. Watch for the signs, welcome the tears, celebrate the good times.

It does get better.

My tears and sympathy are with you. Feel free to PM me if you want to rant, cry, or just have someone to talk to who's been there.

God bless,

Hooversmom

Edited by HooversMom

Guest 2greygirls

Do not doubt yourself. You did the right thing..It is so hard. Think of it like this..if you had waited, sure she would be there, you might feel better at this very moment, but she would still be ill. So you did the unselfish, most difficult thing, you let her go for her...regardless of the pain it causes you now. I felt the same way when I put down my Speck Cat..I thought, well, maybe she could have stayed with me longer..why..to comfort me? She was ready. we never are.

My heart aches for you..but, just know it will get better. Know she is happy, and watching over you.

I thought today would be a little easier.  I was so wrong.  I can't stop crying.  I regret my decsion and wish I could turn back time and stop all of this.  I change my mind!  She wasn't ready!  I wasn't ready!  What did I do?  I made a huge mistake.  I just stare at her empty bed.  I made her food bowl this morning again.  I was going to get her pills ready this morning.  I don't even want to clean up the poop outside because I know some of it is hers.  I feel like I am going crazy with saddness.  I made a mistake and I want her back.  I feel like I took advantage of the time I had with her.  I should have spent more time with her.  I should have cuddled her more.  Even seeing my puppers now is painful.  I see her in their eyes and it hurts so bad.  I think Brad (male grey) is glad she is gone.  He had been mounting her and biting her (not hard) the last 2 weeks as things got worse.  He knew.  I want her back.  I wish it were this time yesterday and I could reverse all I have done.

1613083[/snapback]

I thought today would be a little easier.  I was so wrong.  I can't stop crying.  I regret my decsion and wish I could turn back time and stop all of this.  I change my mind!  She wasn't ready!  I wasn't ready!  What did I do?  I made a huge mistake.  I just stare at her empty bed.  I made her food bowl this morning again.  I was going to get her pills ready this morning.  I don't even want to clean up the poop outside because I know some of it is hers.  I feel like I am going crazy with saddness.  I made a mistake and I want her back.  I feel like I took advantage of the time I had with her.  I should have spent more time with her.  I should have cuddled her more.  Even seeing my puppers now is painful.  I see her in their eyes and it hurts so bad.  I think Brad (male grey) is glad she is gone.  He had been mounting her and biting her (not hard) the last 2 weeks as things got worse.  He knew.  I want her back.  I wish it were this time yesterday and I could reverse all I have done.

1613083[/snapback]

I share in your sorrow, nothing I can say can help you, but rest assured, this dark time shall pass and the light and love of your pet will come to light and the good times will be remembered,,,,,,Greg

She loves you. She knew it was time and you gave her peace. Bless you.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest auntiesara

Vicki

I'm crying right along with you. We're waiting for Angel Matt's ashes.We lost him tp a fluke accident with a porcupine quill and blame ourselves for not realising he needed to go to the vet sooner. Our Animal Communicator told me he knew he was dying a valliant death-he could never have tolerated being weak and slowly wasting away with a long illness like our other Angels. Our Animal Communicator will try to reach the departed but does not charge you if you say that's not my dog. She does telephone consultation and is very reasonable.

PM me and I will give you her info. Also I promise you that Angel Matt will help Kimmie send you a special sign. He knows you helped ease his pain out of love.

Sara (mom of Angels Mocha Doberman,Sweetie. Blackie,FaeRae. Piper,Rosie and Matt)

edited for peculiar spelling while crying

Edited by auntiesara