Ctw Suenos April 5, 2000 - March 3, 2008

Guest snaphappy

Guest snaphappy

I had no idea I would be posting in this forum so soon. My beloved Suenos, who joined us from the farm on Valentine's Day of this year, passed away today from a thrown clot following last Thursday's spay.

Suenos was a wonderful brood momma with 15 puppies, the last two of which were weaned only two weeks before we brought her home. In joining us, she was reunited with one of her daughters, and found a home in our pack of critters. We did not have nearly enough time with this precious girl to learn all of her quirks and idiosyncracies which would have, no doubt, made us love her all the more. We know that she roached like a champion, loved to torment the cat, tolerated non-greys well, enjoyed having her back used as a racetrack for hot wheels, being snuggled and cuddled by children and adults alike, and was finally learning the fine art of taking treats from my hand.

Suenos was my heart dog. I knew she was mine the moment I met her in early January. I was thrilled when I found out she was ready to come home and simply over the moon the day she joined our family as a "foster". We were going to make it official, but we didn't get the chance. But I know she was my baby; my love; my heart. She was home.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I am so sorry. This is just so sad. :(

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I thought I was seeing wrong. How terrible. I am so very sorry for your loss. Sweet Suenos, you will be missed.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest PiagetsMom

I followed her spay story, and was really hoping she'd pull through her recovery with no problems.....I'm so very sorry :grouphug

I'm so sorry. How heartbreaking for you.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

:f_red I am so sorry, I never expected to read this!

Such a short time, but she knew she was home and she knew she was loved.

God speed beautiful girl, you are now with the Angels

:gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so glad that she found her forever home for the short time she had to enjoy it. She left knowing that she was well loved.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed sweet girl.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :cry1 You were lucky to share your heart and home with such a sweet broodie, even though the time was too short. :beatheart Godspeed, precious Suenos... :gh_run Send your momma a sign that you're safe at the Bridge.

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh no! I'm so very sorry. :(

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so terribly sorry. How heartbreaking.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest Winterwish

Oh no! I am so very sorry! :grouphug Suenos will always be very,very special,you write about her so beautifully. She has your love with her forever and always. :grouphug

Fly free Suenos ~ :candle:f_pink:gh_child:f_pink:candle

Edited by Winterwish