Bag Balm Question...

marion

I just have a question: for how long can you use Bag Balm once opend? Nancy (Gazehund) was so nice to send me

a wonderfu, huge, green tin of Bag Balm about 4 years ago or even longer. In the very hot summer here, the Bag Balm got lots of

tiny bubbles or air holes. I haven't used it for quite a while, but at the moment my sweet Soldi has got serious corn

problems again and I put Bag Balm on her pad. Do you think it's still O.K. or could it loose its effeciency after the change of consistency and the long time without using it???

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

I don't think it ever goes "bad." It might not be as effective, but unless it's completely broken down it should work OK. Try stirring it up a bit to get rid of some of the bubbles.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I'd be happy to send you more if you need it Marion. Just say the word. How is Soldi doing otherwise?

Thanks so much Nancy, but I think my Bag Balm is still fine. I took off the upper part with the bubbles and the rest looks just fine

and I put it on Soldi's little pad. Also it smells like always.The smell hasn't changed.

Soldi is doing better. She has put on some lost pounds and I take her for big walks at the beach where she plays crazily

like always. At home though often her face expression gets kind of lost and she just stares in the emptiness and dreams of her so beloved Ivy.

Concerning the corn I don't know if after years of corn presence the duct tape still works. About 5 years ago,

Meredith (Turbotaina) sent me an original American duct tape that worked great, but my DH stole it from my room and used

it for thousand other things and it's finished. The duct tape over here is BAD. I tried to put it on Soldi's corn but

when you take it off after a day or two, the glue sticks on the pad forever and the rest comes off. So Nancy, if you

don't mind, I think I would be very thankful for a new small roll of real authentic American duct tape.

If you think that it doesn't help anymore because her corn is a long-term corn, just forget about the duct tape...

Thanks to all for your kind replies,

greetings,

Marion

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

I'd be happy to send you more if you need it Marion. Just say the word. How is Soldi doing otherwise?

Thanks so much Nancy, but I think my Bag Balm is still fine. I took off the upper part with the bubbles and the rest looks just fine

and I put it on Soldi's little pad. Also it smells like always.The smell hasn't changed.

Soldi is doing better. She has put on some lost pounds and I take her for big walks at the beach where she plays crazily

like always. At home though often her face expression gets kind of lost and she just stares in the emptiness and dreams of her so beloved Ivy.

Concerning the corn I don't know if after years of corn presence the duct tape still works. About 5 years ago,

Meredith (Turbotaina) sent me an original American duct tape that worked great, but my DH stole it from my room and used

it for thousand other things and it's finished. The duct tape over here is BAD. I tried to put it on Soldi's corn but

when you take it off after a day or two, the glue sticks on the pad forever and the rest comes off. So Nancy, if you

don't mind, I think I would be very thankful for a new small roll of real authentic American duct tape.

If you think that it doesn't help anymore because her corn is a long-term corn, just forget about the duct tape...

Thanks to all for your kind replies,

greetings,

Marion

My pleasure Miss Marion. PM me your address again please and I will get some sticky duct tape on the way for sweet Soldi.

It's OK. I grew up on a farm and am a chemist and it should last as long as there is some in the tin! Have you ever tried Thera-paws? :)

Yes, I've used Therapaws. But Soldi doesn't walk very well with the bootie. I only use it when the limp is too bad,

but at the moment, she's fine on soft surfaces. I take her to the beach for our big walks and there she's perfect

and runs and plays all the time and no limping at all.

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

In my experience, when it smells rancid it's no longer good. Sometimes it separates and you can just "stir" it back together and it's as good as new. I've had mine in the house for MANY years and it's fine. I had some that got very icky smelling and I pitched that one, but I had kept it in the shed with outdoor gear in a 'sort of like first aid kit.'