Two Years Ago Today...

Guest ThunderPaws

Guest cnewsome

Two years ago today, my sweet Bullet lost the battle with osteosarcoma and crossed the Rainbow Bridge... :(

He was my first greyhound and introduced me to the greyt hound world. Bullet's passing came very unexpected, he was only 8.5 years old and the most perfect hound, I think. No option for surgery or treatment... I was devastated... :weep

Bullet will always have a very special spot in my heart! :wub:

Two years ago today, I decided to keep foster hound Waldo! :)

I have to admit, he was not the dog I wanted to adopt. But since my Bullet was gone and I already had to deal with Waldo's whining and barking for several nights and his constand nervous pacing, I thought I might as well keep him. It felt like it was meant to be.

My greyhound GreenBean was very sad without her Bullet and slowly got used to her new buddy Waldo.

I took Waldo to obedience class and he became more secure and manageable. And boy, do I love this goofy dog now! :wub:

April 11 will always be a sad and also happy day to remember, an ending and a new beginning at the same time.

Many hugs to you. It is so hard to lose a beloved companion. March is the month for me to feel sad. I lost two in March, one this year, one two years ago. :(

You obviously did the right thing accepting Waldo as part of your pack! I'm so glad it worked out well for you all! :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Christina, Lori from CGC class --

I hate that you lost your beloved Bullet, but I have to say that Waldo is a very lucky dog. What a bittersweet day.

:bighug

Yes, a bittersweet day for you. :beatheart Your passion for greyhounds which was begun by your beloved Bullet, has been nurtured by those special hounds like Waldo who follow in his footsteps. Adopting Waldo and loving him for the goof that he is is a wonderful way to honor your angel boy. :heart:grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

:f_red:grouphug:grouphug And the circle of love is never ending. Thank you for sharing with us.

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest how888

May all of your wonderful memories bring you comfort today and always.Bullet is looking down "Somewhere Over The Rainbow,waiting for our one last meet n greet. :f_red:f_red