I'm So Down

HopeForHounds

I'm so down today. I know that I'm easily shaken, as I worry for the next 6 months waiting for Foxy's tumour to reappear. (NOT!!!) My co-workers think I'm just too soft, after all they're just dogs. GRRR!

Our local adoption group is very small, but active. We do Meet and Greets in four local pet supply stores, plus special events. All of our dogs come from GPA Orlando, with the exception of some rehoming from another group, if the dog is in our area now.

This past 12 moths has been so difficult for us. We've lost at least 10 dogs due to cancer, or other illnesses. Yesterday, for me was one of the hardest. We learned that on Friday, Tip who arrived the year before Foxy, went to the bridge. He'd been having serious disk problems. On Friday, he couldn't get up and was in extreme pain. Tip was one of those special dogs that everyone loved. He didn't do one darned thing special, except be himself. He showed Foxy the ropes in her early demo-dog days. She never has learned to sleep through them.:) I'm praying that this next 12 months will be easier on us all.

Run free at the bridge Tip, God Bless.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I am so sorry. :( Run free sweet Tip...run healed and fast to the Angels waiting for you. :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm sorry. May the love you've showered on these dogs, come back to you and bring you peace.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

I'm so very sorry and I know exactly how you feel. Every time we lose one at the kennel it breaks my heart because it's a pup who never got to know the joys of a forever home. My deepest sympathies to all who loved this pup. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest opdiva1

I'm with you Janet. I know for many people reading the board, 10+ losses in one year for a GH group may seem small... but for a small adoption group, it's devasting news.

I'm always saddened when I see our group newsletter or emails from GH families, with messages about the final days. I can only hope all the AAG of CC puppers, and all those other GH's who have lost their battles this year, find much deserved peace at the bridge.

~Andrea

Guest auntiesara

I'm so sorry for the loss of Tip-such a special boy!!! I think you would have to have a heart of stone not to feel heartbroken after so many losses one after the other. Your co-workers may save their feelings for after they get home. In a way I think I know how you feel because I'm a petsitter and have had a few customers who were PTS. At the first Christmas after the loss I send the family a small cemetery piece to put on the little grave or keep in the house. The pain doesn't go away but it may help to light a candle or have a ceremony for Tip and the other Angels. As you know from hearing about Angel Rosie, I found the support of GT comforting and hope you will too!

Sara

Guest brycenca

Thank you Janet and everyone one else who posted their sympathies about Tip's passing. We miss him so much. It's just not the same without him around but he will always be in our hearts.