Oatmeal

Guest Buster

Guest Buster

We had to put my baby, Oatmeal, down yesterday. She attacked my son, and had shown aggressive behavior before, we think she had something wrong with her, in her head.

I am not going to get into details here and now, I will post later about what happened. This is not a place for that sort of thing.

Now, let me tell you about my girl.

Oatmeal was and angel, in most instances. She was always a loner, she liked to lay out under our big pecan tree on warm days and let the sun soak into her. She had the most intelligent, loving eyes you can ever imagine.

I said it in chat not three days ago, when Oatmeal looked up at me, while laying in front of the tv,it was the look of a person, or in this case, a dog, that was absolutely in love. I know it is strange, but I was her man, and she was my girl.

Oatmeal slept with me every night. She layed her head on my shoulder to sleep. I rubbed her ears every night until I heard the telltale sound of her deep sleep. After that, I would drift off. She woke when I woke, joined the other pups, always in the background, patiently waiting for her share of the loving. She always got it.

I will never be able to describe this lovely girl to you. I can never put her in words. She was truly a unique creature. I loved her so much.

The desision I had to make was the right one, it was a hard one.

I will sorely miss her, there is a blank spot on my floor and in my heart , and it will never be filled.

Goodbye Oatmeal, run free, over the bridge there is a huge pecan tree, the sun peeks in just right and the weather is always warm. Frodo is out there waiting on you, he will show you the ropes, and I will join you someday. I can hardly wait to scratch your head again, for you to lay your head on my shoulder and snore on my ear.

I love you,

Buster

I'm very sorry for your loss. Run free, Oatmeal. :gh_run

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry about Oatmeal. May she run free at the Bridge. I know your heart is hurting, but I do believe we will be reunited with them one day. God bless you and your family.

Sending healing prayers to you...her Daddy. Godspeed Oatmeal. :grouphug:f_pinkf_yellow:f_white:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Annie

I'm so sorry for your loss Buster :grouphug I once had to make that extremely painful but thought out decision, too.

Oatmeal, be joyeous and play with the angels at the Bridge, sweet girl - you are free from what plagued you on this earth.

:angelwings:gh_run:angelwings:gh_run:angelwings

Guest sheila

Buster,

This was an awful decision to have to make and I know it must be really hurting you. Oatmeal sounds like a beautiful girl.

Buster:

As an emotionally charged person, I avoid reading postings under "Rememberence."

As one very close to you in this time of terrible trouble, I felt obligated to read your tribute to Oatmeal.

With tear-filled eyes, I say again...you know how to reach me...24/7

No matter the distance, wrapping my arms around you my friend.

Run happy, run free dear Oatmeal.

I just got in from the weekend and read this.

Oh Buster I am so sorry. :f_white

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Guest Buster

Thanks for the support everyone has given. Just as a note,I have decided not to post about what happened to force me into this desision. I want to leave her memory as the beautiful, sweet girl she was.

Thanks again,

Buster