Bella Donna Crossed The Bridge

Guest Heehoo

Guest Snowy8

Bella Donna, the 13 year old queen of Midsouth Greyhound Adoption kennel passed away during the night.

She will be terribly missed by Jan, Ollie & Karen...and all the volunteers & visitors to MSGAO.

She greeted everyone at the door, loved to get into Jan's breakfast & loved to give Holly a good stare when she was there for cat testing. Even at 13 yrs old Bella would have loved to have "had" Holly with some A1 sauce. But with humans, children & other greyhounds, she was so sweet & loving.

Everyone's hearts are breaking right now, so please send hugs & puppy love our way.

HIlda

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bighugs 's to all of you who cared for and loved Bella Donna. Godspeed, sweet girl.

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest BellaDonna1

i can not quit crying..........my bella donna is gone. Thank you Hilda for your words of love and understanding. It happen so fast , I am still numb. Bella Donna bed is next to my desk and I put her favorite toy and a can of tuna on it. I know she will be waiting for Debra and I. A very special prayer to Debra because she was Bella Donna's first mother. Bella Donna you will be missed deeply and you were loved very much jan

Guest TNgrey

Oh my, Jan I am soooooo sorry. I'll never forget BellaDonna's sweet white face and her cute flopped over ears. Run free sweet girl.

:f_white

Guest argolola

God bless her. She is an angel puppy now. May her memory continue to inspire people to adopt greys.

Run free, sweet girl. :angelwings

I'm so sorry. Run free, Bella Donna :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest moterboter

Bella Donna -

You will forever live on in our hearts and in our memories. Thank you for all you did to brighten our days.

While we will forever love and miss you - we will never forget you or what you represented to all of us who have the wonderful opportunity to know you.

Go run...sweetheart...go run!

Guest greymom23

It is never easy to lose our dear hounds. Run Free sweet girl! :gh_run

Hugs to those loved her and miss her.... :grouphug

I'm going to attempt this but it's hard to type when your eyes are filled with tears. Bella, what a beautiful girl. She would greet us every weekend when we came to volunteer at the kennel. She was very much in love with my husband. I haven't told him yet. She was the very first greyhound I ever saw up close. She loved tuna and lots of pets and hugs. You will be forever missed & loved!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Guest

For a 13 yr old pupper, she was very mischievious. And don't even think about bringing in new toys, she would go through the bag of them & pick out the ones she wanted. She had a laundry basket full of toys. Loved tuna...loved breakfast burritos too didn't she Jan.

She had the most beautiful golden/fawn coat & softest eyes. Go to our website mid-southgreyhound.com & that's her in the blue victorian collar.

Precious lady...you will be so missed by everyone who ever came into the adoption kennel.

Run chase those kitties. :f_red:gh_lay

Guest HHDesigns

Okay, now I've got tears in my eyes too! Just last Saturday she was running around in the turnout pen. Yes she was the QUEEN of the kennel and very much loved. And I loved those soft floppy ears! She will be very much missed by all of us, especially Jan.

As everyone is saying -- Run free Bella Donna, run free with all the other greys over the rainbow bridge!!!

Guest Bella Donna's Tennessee Mom

Dear, Dear Sweet Bella Donna,

You were the apple of my eye when I saw you in that crate at Mid-South back in 1995. I took you home and you were so very nervous. You wanted to find a window to escape, but your cousin Mars, (J. Austin) comforted you, and we loved you so very much. Your name was Dottie, but that didn't suit you. YOu were so beautiful with those big brown eyes. One day I just looked at your beauty and I thought what a beautiful creature you are, and I named you Bella Donna because it means "beautiful girl". Girl, I miss you so.

My Marsy went to Heaven first, and then my Shadow too. We love you, Bella Donna. You were the Queen. Your eyes were so full of love and you were able to tell us what you wanted and we gladly gave you everything.

I pray to God that He keeps you safe. Say hello to Mars and Shadow for me.

I will always love you, my sweet Bella Donna. Forever, Debra

Guest JackRocket

I am new to Mid-South Greyhound, but as soon as I walked in the door, Bella Donna made me feel like part of a wonderful family. I only met her twice, but I will miss her.

Jan -- and all Jan's gang -- my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

I know Bella Donna has lots of great company where she is!

Guest BellasTNmom

Bella Donna,

I can see you running in the clouds with the biggest grin on your face. You skip with excitement and laugh and laugh. Your head bobs with delight as you snicker and run circles around Mars & Shadow and all of your greyhound friends.

Your face will be forever imprinted in my mind. Don't forget me!

Run with the angels and smile away, my sweet, soft Bella.

You are so beautiful to me, Bella Donna.

Love you always and forever

Your Tennessee mom