Bella Donna Crossed The Bridge

Guest Heehoo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BellaDonna1

Yes Bella Donna is running free but why does are hearts have to weigh so heavy. Debra thank you and thank you to everybody else. I do not know how I will walk into the kennel in the morning...............................

Guest BellasTNmom

Jan. I am so happy to see that Bella Donna had so many friends. I can only imagine how hard it will be to go back to the office, and look at her bed and toys and tuna.

I am praying for you.

Love you dearly.

Debra

Run free sweet angel girl...and don't chase the kittys at the Bridge. Look down upon your family with love until you meet again. May Bella Donnas family be blessed with precious memories to warm their hearts. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Jan, we are SO,SO sorry. At least we can have the peace of knowing where she is and that we will get to see her again some day, along with the rest of our grey friends. Everyone, we really need to lift Jan up in our prayers. I pray that God will touch you with His comforting hand and give you that special peace He saved for His special people when HE know's how much we are hurting. You CAN go in tomorrow BECAUSE He will be there with you and give you His strenght. Now is His time with Bella Donna and I am sure He will take great care of her, He knows how very special she is to you, and us all. When we get there, we will get to have them back FOREVER ! ALL our Love and Prayers, Sharon, Dan, Maggie, Andy & Larry

Guest BellaDonna1

thank you to everybody my heart and Debra's and everybody else who meet Bella Donna knows what we are talking about............she was so special jan

Guest GlamourGrey

Oh Jan, I am so sorry. It brought tears to my eyes when I heard. If there is anything I can do for you, just let me know. Bella Donna was a sweet, wonderful girl. :f_white

Mandy

Guest GreysGalgos

f_yellow Bella must have been quite a lady. Can you post a picture of her?

My deepest sympathy to all her friends. Chase those heavenly kitties, Bella... :f_red

Guest BellasTNmom

Thank you, Sr Grey Lover, for requesting Bella's photo.

To all of you who knew Bella Donna, and who wanted to see her....

Here's a picture of her with her cousin Mars. She's the blonde... Mars is the brindle. Their favorite daily walk together was on Belmont Blvd. in Nashville, TN. Such a joy.

post-15-1083985096.jpg

Guest auntiesara

Tears here too. She did such important work being the first Grey people would meet. As others have said, I truely believe we WILL see them again.

Sara

Guest Snowy8

Debra, thank you so much for posting a picture of Bella Donna...the only pictures I have of her were on the website mid-southgreyhound.com and I was hoping I'd be able to get Alma to post some today.

I hope I did not offend anyone when I said Bella chase the kitties, Bella would not chase the kitties. Bella & Holly had this special bond with each other & I don't think she would have hurt Holly...:heart:paw

For those who never got to meet Bella Donna, her name fit her so well. She would meet people at the door, no matter if she was sleeping when the door opened or someone knocked on it, Bella got up and met them at the door. She loved the attention she was getting, but was not boastful to the puppers in the adoption area. When someone got adopted & we would bring them out front, she would go over & nuzzle them as if to say; now remember what I told you...love these people because you're special.

Last Saturday Snowy & I were there working with Dumplinsmom Cynde...Snowy & Bella actually shared a bed together (not food though). They never once growled or made snide remarks to each other. Later we let Bella go outside & she ran circles around the turn out pen...13 years old!!! Her eyes were still clear, her hearing was great.

Debra you did an excellent job of taking care of her until you couldn't any longer. We have a volunteer meeting today with Jan, then we're all going to the track to watch the Night of Stars & so Jan will have her support team around her tonight. I'm sure the kennel will be "buzzing" today with visitors.

Thank you EVERYONE for your wonderful words of support & prayers. Jan is a special lady to us at MSGAO and she's done so much for the adoption program & for all those special babies. She lost Chat, then Connie & now Bella...I know its going to be rough, but with friends like all of ya'll & her volunteer team...we'll get her through this. We just need to pray for a hedge of protection around her heart & around all the puppers & the adoption kennel.

:f_white:gh_lay

Guest BellaDonna1

Thank you Hilda and I never knew how much support I had until now. karen and Ollie and I just cried this morning. Ollie went to get med's for the greys and got bella donna's and we cried. Her bed is here still with her favorite toy, can of tuna and the little black kitty we named Holly. I miss her so much!! And another thank you to the volunteers and the flowers you all sent.....they are so pretty they are on my desk...........bella donna will stay in my heart jan

Guest BellasTNmom

To my sweet Bella Donna,

I was thinking of you today, and remembering how you liked me to sing softly in your ear while you lay on your side and I rubbed you. Your little tongue would hang out just a little bit, to let me know you were in bliss, bliss!

And I want to write down the first verse of that song, even though the spelling may not be quite right:

My Bella Amie, You are the sun and the sky and the stars and the deep blue sea..... My Bella Amie..... Je te dis merci, merci .... My Bella Amie, I'm in love with you....

Sounds kinda corny, and only a dog-lover would know and understand all of the crazy things we do for our "children". And now, that song still sounds in my head. But to add to this, because you are gone, not from my heart, but from my arms, I sing:

Souvent le silence de la nuit repete ton nom, comme une chanson

Sa melodie hante ma reverie, mon reve me transporte dans te bras (yes Bella!)

Quand l'amour fut jeune (1995), et chaque baiser inspiration

Les annes (days now) sont passes, et ma consolation s'eleve a l'etoile d'une chanson..

Bella, I am singing to you still, I hope you know how much I loved you.

Love,

Your TN Mom.

And thanks Jan, for being there when we needed you.

Guest Expo

Jan and The Gang

We are so sorry to hear of Bella Donna's passing. We weren't sure about adoption the first time we came in but seeing bella and how greyt she was really helped us decide.

Then on our second trip Expo cam into our life and is wonderful.

What can I say, Bella Donna is a greyt roll model!

I know she will be missed and our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Amanda and Kyle

Guest Snowy8

Everyone today at the kennel was sharing stories about Bella Donna. Jamey in Jackson sent Jan some pictures of Bella that she had taken when she came down to adopt Raxley. Everyone boo hooed...

We had a "folding the newsletter" party today & oodles of volunteers showed up. "Passion" was adopted...she's 18 months old, tiny/brindle & just the cutest little thing.

Jack Rocket aka Murr's mom came by & helped with the newsletters & brought his collar & leash she had bought him. He's in my care during his stitch-time, he's going to Harriett's on Friday. It was just a really greyt day.

Next weekend is Gimme Shelter so if you're in the Memphis Tenn area, come by our booth & say hello!!!

Most of all, we were able to show Jan how much everyone loves her & Bella Donna & how supportive we are.

Thank you Greytalk friends for your love & support during this very difficult time. :gh_lay

Guest how888

My prayers to all of you who came in contact with this beautiful Queen Bella Donna.Sounds like she touched so many hearts.Remember one thing, she's with the best up there over that bridge and someday ,somehow we will all meet one more time at that big meet n greet over the rainbow. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

:f_pink Run free, Beautiful girl.

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012