Nicky

DianeFG

Nicky went to the Bridge this past Monday night. She's with her sister, who she loved dearly.

Nicky and her sister Penny were found in a dumpster nearly dead. After receiving wonderful care they were put up for adoption. I was lucky enough to be deemed a good mom for them.

Penny was a love from the start, but Nicky wasn't so sure of me. She wouldn't let me hold her, she'd bite and squirm to get away. She'd also attack me if I tried to pick up Penny (who was more than willing to let me pick her up) imagine she was so brave that she was willing to fight me off to try to save Penny, thinking I may hurt her. After much time and love, Nicky realized I wasn't going to hurt her. She was old when I adopted her, so I don't know how many years she suffered the abuse that was so apparent when she was found, but she was willing to trust again.

Nicky really came out of her shell and would run out to greet us when we came home from work, she begged to be picked up and carried around the house, she loved that. When I got home I'd pick her up and hold her up to my face and she'd kiss the tip of my nose. Monday, when I was saying goodbye to her and telling her she was a good girl and I loved her so much she kissed the tip of my nose. Nicky was 10, which is quite old for a ferret, she just couldn't recover this time.

Nicky, run and play with Penny, she's been waiting for you. Do your funny ferret dance that always cracked me up. I hope you both have lots of raisins and soft green grass to run through, I hope there are warm, soft beds and I hope you can have as many socks as you can get your little paws on. You were such a brave girl, I really miss you and love you a bunch......

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

I'm so very sorry for your loss. The way you've described Nicky, it sounds as if she came back from horrendous circumstances to become a loving and comical addition to your family. I'm sure she treasured the time she had with you and your family. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm sorry for your loss of Nicky. It's so wonderful that she has someone who loved her so much especially after her original neglect. f_yellow

Jayme with Pippi (the scaredy-beagle)
In the memories of all of my Bridge-babies I'd like to remind people to choose adoption--and that it's not just dogs and cats that are available!

I am so sorry! Know that your precious little gals are once again together and playing at the Bridge until you meet again. :f_pink:f_pink:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Godspeed Nicky, you were loved. Diane, I'm so sorry, but what a beautiful gift of love you gave her and her sister.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest Annie

What a heartwarming story. Nikki and Penny were precious girls, how lucky they were to have been loved by you!

I'm so sorry for your loss. :f_red

I'm really sorry to hear that Nicky had to go to The Bridge :cry1 You know I really really liked her and I always loved the pics you posted of her :heart

:f_pink

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest how888

What a beautiful tribute and story of your little babies. My sympathy to you and your family. It's that unconditional love they all give that breaks us apart. I feel and hurt for you. f_yellowf_yellowf_yellow