Julio

Guest onekadee

I am so sorry. Although Julio's time with you was short, he was blessed with the love of a family...something he may not have had the opportunity to experience otherwise. Hugs to you and your family.

Godspeed Julio.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Julio left for the bridge? But why? He was healthy and sound. Life can be so unfair :(

God speed you Julio.

I'm very surprised to see that Julio left you...and I feel so very sorry...

I might have missed a post about Julio's disease...

Run free sweet Julio, I remember your sweet and unique grey face... :f_white

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Guest Jay

Karen,

If it weren't for you and your family, Julio would have never known what love was. I am so sorry you are going through the pain of losing him so soon.

I hope it's okay to tell folks that Julio was diagnosed with an enlarged heart shortly after he arrived here. If he had the condition for any time, I kind of feel like he may not have been able to let his symptoms show, until he felt comfortable that he was in good hands with someone who would take care of him. He lived for such a long time with no one. And he left, knowing he was part of a very special family.

I'll bet he's telling all the other galgos at the bridge about the good things they all missed.

The story of Julio's trip has already helped make a difference for the galgos in Spain. He and Cielo stole the hearts of the editorial staff at La Razon, who wrote the first of several articles, raising public awareness of the situation with greyhounds and galgos. Much needed publicity, effecting change for the better.

Julio left a lasting impression in many hearts. A part of mine went with him forever, and what's left goes out to Karen and her family for the pain of losing him.

Jay

This was taken several years ago, when Julio was in Spain, waiting for a home.

post-15-1083921064.jpg

Edited by Jay

Guest Snowy8

I'm so sorry for your loss...Julio loved you. Even if you only had him a short time on earth, in your heart he will live forever.

For Julio & you...:gh_run2:heart

They say memories are golden, well maybe that is true...I never wanted memories I only wanted you. A million times I needed you, a million times I cried. If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died. In life I loved you dearly, in death I love you still. In my heart you hold a place that no one could ever fill. If tears could build a stairway and heartache make a lane, I'd walk the path to heaven and bring you home again. Our family chain is broken and nothing seems the same, but as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again.

Guest Alana and Jasmine

I am so very sad to hear of Julio's passing. What a blessing for him to spend his last months with you and your family. I loved seeing the beautiful pictures of him. God bless you.

Oh Julio tho your time with your own forever family was short I am glad you knew them and the love they had for you. Run free and GodSpeed to the bridge.

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest maryinmadison

You gave Julio a home and love and he gave all of us much information about the Galgos. It was a great relationship even if very short. Godspeed Julio - :f_pink