5 Months Now...

Guest FullMetalFrank

Guest FullMetalFrank

It's going to be tough this Christmas without him, he, the one who pee'd on the Christmas tree! We always get the dogs something 'nice" for the holidays. Maybe I'll make a donation in his name this year, instead. We are probably going to the coast again for Thanksgiving; last year my sister played with the dogs for hours, she fell in love with Iberia. I wish I'd taken pics of them running on the beach together. It's going to be different this year, for sure. I am trying not to cry, it's not working....

Guest argolola

I think it's a wonderful idea to make a donation in Iberia's name. When my ex's dog passed, I made a donation to Guide Dogs for the Blind in his pup's name.

Your little angel boy will be helping another. I'm sure he's looking down and saying "don't cry, Mom."

We're here for you. I know it hurts.

Iberia,

I'm sorry we never got to meet you. Whenever I hear a cardinal sing, I think of you, and of the family you left behind here. Can you send them a hug, a whisper, from the bridge?

Run free forever, most handsome fellow.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest FullMetalFrank

I think I am going to go to Costco and buy a couple of bags of food and a dog bed or two and take them to the shelter. I think Iberia would like that, making unfortunate pups more comfortable... As much as we miss him, I know he'd like to see us smile, and doing something like that will make us smile, for sure... Does anyone do shelter donations, and if so can they designate who it came from? I'd like Iberia's name to be on it....

I'm sorry. I know it's hard. You're doing the right things, and it will get easier. It will never go away, but some day you'll be able to say his name and smile instead of cry.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

• 2 weeks later...

your donation is the perfict gift to those who need help from your loving Ibera who is waiting at the bridge. My heart dog Max always gives a gift to those in need (Via me) every Christmas.

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest judechet

It's a wonderful idea. I'm sure Iberia would love your helping others in his name. I lost my Buddy last Christmas very unexpectedly. I know his spirit will be with us in a special way this Christmas. Iberia may not be peeing on the tree this year but he will celebrating with you with the love you share so deeply.

Guest auntiesara

Holidays are sad without our Angels. Ours were allowed to have tablescraps at holiday meals at Grandma's, so they loved holidays. The donations are a wonderful idea.The only comfort I can offer is that I believe we will see them again. Sara

What a wonderful idea...I know this will make Iberia smile. :grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest seniorhoundlover

I'm sorry. That first Christmas is hard. Iberia would be so happy, I think, that you are helping other puppers. Bless you for thinking of others when you are sad.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's hard. When I think about what you must be going thru it takes my breath away. I think a donation is a fantastic idea. It will help another pup somewhere and that would make yours happy.

hugs,

s-

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Meredith

thank you -- now I'm crying!!! but you've given me a great idea - we lost our kitty, Nikki, on 12/31 last year. I'll suggest to my DH that we make a donation of food to a shelter in her name this year, as a way of remembering her.

And just for the record -- I think they DO know we miss them. On Thanksgiving Eve this year, a stray kitty arrived, and she meows just like our Nikki...we're convinced she's been sent by Nikki to remind us that she's still with us, even though we can't see her.

I'm sure Iberia will be looking down on you from heaven, remembering the fun holidays of years past. As long as he is in your heart, he is never really gone.

• 2 weeks later...