Bathing Your Grey(s)

Guest sheila

how often do you bathe your greys(s)  

588 members have voted

1. 1. how often do you bathe your greys(s)

• never
    • yearly
    • bi-yearly
    • monthly
    • weekly
    • only when they need it
    • other (please explain)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update of my last post which was March. I do not bath them anymore. I used to do it about 1x every 6-8 weeks and I've noticed that without the baths, they do not smell, are still white where they should be.

I do rinnse off feet when they get muddy or if a leg gets pee'd on!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest houndlover

I don't bathe my dogs either....only when they need it. I have a box of baby wipes that I use when they get really muddy and my boy, Casey, usually like to pee on the girl's heads while they are sniffing around outside. :P so they usually get a quick wipe down and they are good to go.

• 1 month later...

Mine probably average about one every four months or so, but I have yet to bathe them because they were smelling doggy. Diamond LOVES to run through/lie down in mud puddles, so sometimes, she NEEDS a bath. Gabe tends to get one before greyhound events/ holidays with my family, etc... just so that he's looking pretty. I can't STAND doggy smells, so this is one of the many reasons I'll only ever have greyhounds.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest brooke

isn't it amazing how clean greys stay! i usually bathe them ( now i have just one ) yearly. sometimes twice yearly. and i agree with some other posts that it's just because i feel i should--not because they smell. they do smell like wet dog when it rains but who's "coat" doesn't stink!!!??? ;);)

Guest Javagirl

I actually got a little slack from my adoption group but I do bathe my dog monthly. He gets pretty dirty at the dog park. Luckily I have the spray shower head and I spray him down and use shampoo mostly just on his legs/feet. He doesn't have any problem with being washed although it's certainly not his favorite activity of the month.

Guest Dillymom

I bathed Lola when I first got her 6wks ago and haven't since. She has gotten peanut butter and some other stuff on her that I've wiped off with a damp cloth but hasn't gotten into anything that needed another bath. So far no stinkies

• 2 years later...
Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Weekly with brightening shampoo and conditioner. Several times per week I rub in a spray on conditioner and I rinse them off after any messy trips to the park. I do not rinse them after they swim in the bay, no need, unless they are sandy. Also I trim nails weekly and clean ears. About once a month I take the clippers and trim out the ear fuzz, and I also trim the underline for a nice clean look... it's the dog show person in me. I love how they look with the underline, any extra butt fuzz, and any extreme tail fuzz neatened. I cut whiskers too. I just don't like 'em :blush I like grooming... Even if no one else notices, I do. The Borzoi get feet and hocks trimmed weekly, ears and underline and body shaping monthly, and a weekly bath and blow drying. Daily brushing with spray in conditioner. I am showing them so conditioning is important, but I'd do it anyway as I like the look of a freshly groomed, clean dog. Yes I admit I am grooming obsessed. Just ask Borzoi Mom. I even brush HER (perfectly well groomed) dog every time I see him :P

Guest IrskasMom

Sheila , I noticed it . And I thought to get a good Tip how to . I want to do it outside with the Hose , but he will not stand still . :unsure

Guest ShanYu

I wash Nike's feet after a muddy walk and in the winter to get the salt off, but the rest of him is so cleans and smells so good that he doesn't need an actual bath.

Sheila , I noticed it . And I thought to get a good Tip how to . I want to do it outside with the Hose , but he will not stand still . unsure.gif

I bath my 2 out in the yard with a hose. I put an old collar on them and attach a leash. I stand on the leash to keep them from walking away. Abel just stands there, but Kerri likes to walk around a little smile.gif The yard is fenced in so after they are rinsed, I unclip the leash and they do their zoomies and roll in the grass lol.gif

gallery_1200_2898_10946.jpg

Guest mcsheltie

I bathe the GHs once a month with a moisturizing cat shampoo. Even tho they look clean and smell fine before I start, the color of the water shows how much dirt those short coats can hold!