Goodbye Frodo

Guest Buster

It ahs taken about 6 months for me to do this and I don't know if I can get through dry eyed or not.

We got Frodo as a rescue Miniature Yorky six months before my son was born. He was a gift to my step-son so he did not feel left out as Chase needed extra attention.

Frodo quickly the ruler of the house. He was fearless to the end, barking and warning us of any intruders, and when company came over, it was him they had to visit first. His little stubby, wagging tail going so fast, thought he would lift off at times. Frodo never met a stranger.

Frodo was a very funny boy. When I swept the floor, he thought it was a monster after his food, so he ran and ate every last bite,and then stood guard over his toys. Yes, Frodo was a possesive little guy. He would fight a bear for his rubber cell phone or squeaky fries.

One day, the neighbors got a new Akita for breeding purposes. I had left for a job interview and was not there. My wife said she opened the back door for a minute, and Frodo, the quickest dog this side of the Mississippi, shot out to meet the new dog. The rest I cannot write.

My wife managed to get him to the vet alive, but only for about 15 minutes. She said he looked at her with those beautiful eyes as if to say good bye and peacefully crossed the bridge.

Frodo is now on a hill at our family campground. We will be building there soon. It is a field that he loved to run in, surrounded by fruit trees he loved to mark. We have plans for a little flower garden when the house is built, to honor him.

He will like that. He will like being around us, hearing the kids grow up,laugh and play, and we will talk well of him, loud enough for him to hear.

I will say goodbye for now, Frodo, but I am coming up to see you one day, and I am bringing the biggest squeaky toy I can find.

We love you,

Buster and Family

Guest cindysmom

Oh no. I am so, so very sorry for your loss. It's so difficult when they pass from illness, old age, or disease, but to lose them like this just truly breaks my heart. Hugs.

I'm sorry for your tragic loss :cry1 It's clear that Frodo was very much loved.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Dear Buster, I am so very sorry for your loss and please tell your dear wife also. :f_red I know these cannot be planted but my thoughts are with you.

Edited by shirley

I'm so sorry for your loss. Frodo sounds like a very special boy who touched you all very deeply. I know he's happy now and looks down on you often.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

all my sympathy to you and your family. :f_white tho frodo was of a small size, he takes up a large part of your heart. i am so sorry and my thoughts go out to you and your tragic loss :bighug

((((((((((Buster & family))))))))))

Frodo, you keep an eye on your family here, will you? Send them a little snuggle on the summer breeze now and then, for they miss you terribly and will always have you in their hearts.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest scottandsharon

I know it's hard...I just lost my sweet little boy, Pyro.

The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that where my Pyro is, there is no pain, and all kinds of fun things that he enjoys.

Your puppy has all kind of squeaky toys in heaven, and all kinds of visitors to greet.

I am so sorry.

Guest Meredith

I only know him from your posting, and I am crying as I write this.

I'm so sorry for your tragic loss, and I hope you know that he will always be with you, in your hearts and in your memories. One day you will see him again, and it will be as though you were never apart.