This elf helped another!

Banjoman

As most of you know, when not being an elf for our Secret Santa  I volunteer with my local 🦇rescue group.

This morning I was called out to rescue a bat seen hanging on the wall of someone’s porch. When I got there and opened the box the gentleman had put it in I found a lovely Long Eared bat, possibly a young Grey Long Eared, one of our rarest mammals. When I delivered it to HQ we had to come up with a name for him and decided on a Christmassy one and my suggestion of Elf was accepted. :D He was very stressed but not obviously too badly injured (cat attacked) so I am hoping in a week or so, after a course of antibiotics, he will be fit enough to be released if the weather co-operates.

🦇 The batty one.;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Best wishes to Elf for a speedy recovery and thank you for helping him!  :clap

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties Mud, Henry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa. :heart