Eating/mealtime behavior

Ok  So Apollo has developed a quirky eating behavior that annoys me, but seems to be mostly harmless.  He likes to take a mouthful of food then come into the room and drop it on the floor, then eat it.  

It's all fine and good except that it leaves small kibble pieces and other food remnants all over my carpeting.    

Anybody else experience this?  Should I just put a doggie gate up so that he doesn't leave the feeding area and onto the carpeting?  (And yes there's a rug on the floor where his eating station is so his feet don't get cold.)

My baby boy angel Pagliaccio would do this too, except that he made sure to hoover all the crumbs! I thought it was weird behavior but no harm no foul. ❤️

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I had a dog that would carry a mouth full and bring it to the rug under the dining table to chew it as I ate dinner.  Behaviorist said it was a good sign of her bonding and showing respect.  She was a street dog with lots of issues I miss her naughty issues.

Have you tried moving the dish and everything that goes with it.  To see if he will eat it there with less mess?  

1 hour ago, FiveRoooooers said:

My baby boy angel Pagliaccio would do this too, except that he made sure to hoover all the crumbs! I thought it was weird behavior but no harm no foul. ❤️

Love the name!  Such a cool sounding dog name.  :)

1 hour ago, 1Moregrey said:

Have you tried moving the dish and everything that goes with it.  To see if he will eat it there with less mess?  

Not a whole lot of room in my small condo, but I'll give it a shot.

Petunia used to carry a few pieces of kibble into the living room at a time and do the same thing. We never figured out why although eventually she would only eat if her dish was served in the living room, on the floor - no raised feeder. If the dish didn't have something special like shakey cheese, cottage cheese or another treat on top, she would walk away until it met her expectations. 

Not that she was spoiled. The poor girl raised more than the 23 pups that we know of before she came from the farm and landed at our house. She deserved and got anything she wanted for that reason. :lol I miss my demanding broodie girl. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life