Has Anyone Tried The New OLEWO Toppers Yet?

Just saw them when I went to order more carrots.  Amazon Smile link to Olewo Toppers

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

We've tried them all, over the past year that we've had Stanley.  He seems to enjoy eating them, but in our case we don't see these additional products help him very much.  The carrots do help (to a degree) so they are a constant in our house, with the other products rotated in...so that he has carrots plus one of the others at any given time.

The Beets claim to help with skin, but that wasn't our experience--Stanley has occasional minor dry skin outbreaks (dandruff-ish episode...nothing major at all...we treat with regular outdoor brushing and a drop of oil in his food). We didn't find that the beets helped him.  They are the messiest of the products too.

The Rootsies also don't appear to do more for Stanley than the original Carrots product.  Although he does enjoy them with his food.

We've tried different combinations of those three products (and also the pumpkin powder from another company in your screenshot...so that makes four).   For a while, we removed them all from rotation, and found that adding back the carrots did help overall.

Every hound is different of course, but our twice daily long walks remain a pattern of having First Poop being great form.  Second poop....not great.  Then downhill from there.  Yes, over an hour-ish walk Stanley will go #2 four or five times.  We keep telling him it's not necessary to poop that many times, but he insists on earning nicknames such as "Joey Five-Poops" and "Chocolate Rain"

Having said the above, we DO still purchase these other Olewo products and rotate them in, with the constant being the carrots.  We figure it gives him some variety to go with his kibble and perhaps there are some nutritional benefits that don't include firmer poops in our case.

Was a subscriber in the mid 2000s (the aughts!).  Reactivated in 2021.  What'd I miss?

1 hour ago, Sniffy said:

We've tried them all, over the past year that we've had Stanley.  He seems to enjoy eating them, but in our case we don't see these additional products help him very much.  The carrots do help (to a degree) so they are a constant in our house, with the other products rotated in...so that he has carrots plus one of the others at any given time.

The Beets claim to help with skin, but that wasn't our experience--Stanley has occasional minor dry skin outbreaks (dandruff-ish episode...nothing major at all...we treat with regular outdoor brushing and a drop of oil in his food). We didn't find that the beets helped him.  They are the messiest of the products too.

The Rootsies also don't appear to do more for Stanley than the original Carrots product.  Although he does enjoy them with his food.

We've tried different combinations of those three products (and also the pumpkin powder from another company in your screenshot...so that makes four).   For a while, we removed them all from rotation, and found that adding back the carrots did help overall.

Every hound is different of course, but our twice daily long walks remain a pattern of having First Poop being great form.  Second poop....not great.  Then downhill from there.  Yes, over an hour-ish walk Stanley will go #2 four or five times.  We keep telling him it's not necessary to poop that many times, but he insists on earning nicknames such as "Joey Five-Poops" and "Chocolate Rain"

Having said the above, we DO still purchase these other Olewo products and rotate them in, with the constant being the carrots.  We figure it gives him some variety to go with his kibble and perhaps there are some nutritional benefits that don't include firmer poops in our case.

Thanks.  We have had excellent reults from the carrots and Rocket ate them for years. He had stress colitis and the carrots really did help to keep his output consistent.  Like you, we didn't  find that the beets did much.  I currently use some raw toppers to add some variety, so might rotate these in just to change things up for the hounds once in a while. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life