Greyhound refusing to get out of bed!

Our girl is 7.5 years old and she's started getting very stubborn about leaving her bed! Every pee and walk she flat out refuses to get up and shamelessly just asks for scratches and belly rubs. She's not a particularly food motivated greyhound either and the cold weather hasn't helped the situation. It takes us atleast 30 minutes now to coax her out of bed or at times literally pick her up. 

We know she's just being stubborn because she will happily jump up on us and come play when she knows she doesn't have to leave the house. 

This is her current schedule: 

Pee/poo: 7:30am

Breakfast: 8am 

Long walk: 12pm 

Pee: 6pm 

Pee/poo: 10pm

Any tips on getting this lazy gal out of bed? 

:D    What’s your girls name?

Many years ago our first Greyhound, Nixon, pulled this trick.  
We used to just pick up a corner of the bed and dump him out.
Alternately put the leash on her and encourage her up.

:goodluck

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Grace also went through a stage of not wanting to get up from her bed for the evening comfort break, but after putting her lead on and giving it a quick tug she decided that the game was up. Now if she's being stubborn I only have to pick her lead up and walk towards her. She also gets a biscuit when she comes back in

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

My new boy Apollo does this.  In fact I put up a video of me trying to rouse him... 30 seconds of "wake up" and he finally lifts his head, yawns and lays back down.   I just walk out of the room and he will usually follow after a few minutes.  If that fails, I open the refrigerator and wrinkle the bag of shredded cheese.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the replies, glad to hear it's not just us!

Our greyhound's name is Skelly - when we first got her she was extremely anxious and just a bundle of energy. It's been a long road (with lots of training) but even though it's frustrating and time consuming to coax her out of bed now we would have never imagined she would ever feel this comfortable in our house. So it's annoying but it's a lovely annoyance to have! 

We've tried putting her leash on her and giving her a tug but it didn't help haha she just gave us a cheeky grin. We have found the smelliest of all fishy treats and they seem to doing the trick. 

16 hours ago, SkellysPet said:

We've tried putting her leash on her and giving her a tug but it didn't help haha she just gave us a cheeky grin. We have found the smelliest of all fishy treats and they seem to doing the trick. 

You are good students and learn quickly. Hopefully teacher Skelly will give you 10 out of 10 :D

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time