Panting: when to worry (helpful video)

Summertime can be tough on the furry!  I made this video to help newer greyhound owners know when panting is at an OK level, and how to know when it's of concern.  Even after 24 years of owning greyhounds, I was fascinated to learn exactly how all that panting they do works.  If you have a greyt tip about panting, please share it here with the rest of us.

Just wanted to chime in that we have successfully used the Treat Method to desensitize hounds as relates to the Annual Corn Cannon (see our update in EEG, Soft Treats). We use Tuna Fudge, apparently it's high value :lol The neighbor < 1/3 mile from us insists every year around this time on setting off a corn cannon, presumably to keep birds out of the corn field. Mind you, we have at least two other similarly located neighbors who manage to successfully grow corn without the use of said Cannon. But I digest. The Dopey Neighbor/Treat method first worked with (Foster)Sweet, who would panic and try to dig her way back into the house every time she heard the shot, which is every 10 minutes, on the hour, 7a-7p, for one/two/or three weeks. Since I couldn't be right with her every second, I would first sing Dopey Neighbor and then shove several Tuna Fudge pieces into her. (Note: Dopey Neighbor must be sung in a high-pitched, off-key "tune" lol) It wasn't long at all before Sweet would hear the shot and start looking for me for her treat. We are now singing to Punkin, and I am so proud of her for also being a quick study. 

Thank you for posting your video/s!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.