Not eating or drinking after neuter?

Hi, 

My poor Tank was neutered this morning. He is a healthy four year old. Since coming home at 4pm, he is alert and going to the bathroom but has no appetite. Not even taking water. I’m worried as he won’t even take his pain medication. I’ve tried chicken, cheese, every trick in the book. Any advice? 

He may be feeling the effects of the anesthesia and not interested in food or water.  I would leave his food and water where he can get to it and not worry especially if surgery was today. He may just need some time before he realizes he missed a meal.  

Did he get pain medication already from the vet so his first dose is tomorrow?   If he needs it now you can go old school and open his mouth and put the pill on the back of his tongue close his mouth until he swallows it.  

Vets in my experience make sure pain meds are given at the office, and they take food and water before they are sent home.  So I would not worry until Thursday.  Especially if it is a new home for him.  
One of my fosters took a few days before she ate after her spay.  My vet said to keep offering/have available and to let him know if it went 3-4 days.  I had a syringe (no needle) that I filled with water and would squirt on her tongue to get some water in her.  I would also open her mouth and put food in.  When she was ready and alone she ate on day 3.  

May he have a quick recovery 

He had his balls cut off, offer him a couple shots of whiskey.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

After his procedure, Tank was likely feeling the effects from the anesthesia and he should be feeling much better today. If he's not, I'd give him til maybe noontime and then check in with the vet. Also keep an eye on the incision site to be sure that it isn't getting infected. 

I think the whiskey is for you, please definitely not for your doggo :lol Let us know how Tank is doing!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Great to hear, yay!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.