Started not putting his back foot down

My 9 yr old greyhound has been on Dermaxx for close to a year or just under for what the vet thinks maybe arthritis in the hind legs. He gets his blood work done every 6 months because I have him on CBD oil and his Dermaxx and its always come back as fine. He was fine this morning when I walked him and when I walked him tonight he started picking his hind leg up and when I took him for a close walk he spread his toes and picked up his whole leg and layer down like three times. This just came out of nowhere. When we got home, he was able to jump on my bed which is high with out a promblem. I checked his toes to see if he had glass or something but could not locate anything. I put him on Tramadol 50mg just in case he is in pain but he is asleep now. He has corns on other paws but never picks up his whole leg like that and lays down. Has something like this ever happen to their Grayhound. I will be calling the vet Monday morning and request that bloodwork (which he is do again in November) be done and an x ray of that leg just in case. 

There's no bloodwork that will show up cancer in dogs, so if it was recently done, and it was fine, there's no sense in doing it again.

A full xrays set of his whole leg - toes to hip - will probably be more diagnostic.  And, I suspect, if he has corns on one foot, he probably has corns on other feet as well.  Corns can become an issue long before they erupt on the surface of a pad to be seen.  Especially if pain meds and nsaids don't appear to help at all day to day, a corn is a more likely prosepct.  But xrays first, and a full physical exam focusing on his hind end.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

focus on corn(hopefully) and do some research as to what they look like at different stages and invest in digital x-rays. they can be sent to dr. couto need be or at least you will have a base line on record. have you considered adding gabapentin to his pain mixture? it's more effective than CBD. I have tried CBD creams(different THC strengths) for my arthritic knee and shin. Meloxican works much better.