Stealing or sharing beds?

Flora

Hello everyone

I have had my Spanish galga for 1.5 years and she has adapted beautifully. For the past 10 days, we've been the host family of another Spanish Galga that we unexpectedly rescued from a difficult situation. The new one is very fearful, especially outside. The two dogs have not shown any particular behaviour towards each other, other than some sniffing, but no aggression and no play.

These past  few days, in the morning, I find the new rescue laying on my Galga's bed, and my Galga is sleeping on the couch. I know my Galga is quite protective of her bed, does not like to share so much, so I'm wondering what happens at night. Is it bed stealing? Is the rescue taking over my Galga? Does it matter at all that they exchange beds and should we let this happen? Or should we intervene here?

Thanks for any advice

G.

It's hard to suggest a plan without knowing what's happening. Can you stay up and watch or set up a camera so you can see what's going on? It's at least possible your Galga is moving to the couch on her own, your new guest takes the vacant bed, and there's no drama. 

1 hour ago, stevevt said:

It's hard to suggest a plan without knowing what's happening. Can you stay up and watch or set up a camera so you can see what's going on? It's at least possible your Galga is moving to the couch on her own, your new guest takes the vacant bed, and there's no drama. 

Agreed. If there's no sound of squabbling then they've probably sorted out themselves who sleeps where

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time