Bridge Angels In February 2019

macoduck

Saying goodbye to the beautiful greyhounds and their friends who left us in February 2019. As you run with the wind send a caress to wipe our tears.

Gone but never forgotten. Loved forever. Run free with those who have gone before you. Greet all those that will follow.

Moon

Joey

Laci

Iker, the galgo

Rory

Patch

Davis

Cooper
Negri, the galgo

They'll always be with us, just slightly beyond the point that we can see with our eyes. In our heart, though, they'll be bright and clear, as they always were.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our darling girl Cooper joined the angels Feb. 8, 2019. Osteo claimed another. When we lost our first two to this awful disease we promised never to let another linger if that was the diagnosis. True to our word, we took the pain upon ourselves that day but leaving the vet's without her hurt like hell. No last rides in the car, no last favorite meals. Now I mourn for her and these rituals...feel like I cheated her, or more accurately, that life cheated her. She was only 9 and had been a good, good girl for the 6 years we had shared our home with her.

Our darling girl Cooper joined the angels Feb. 8, 2019. Osteo claimed another. When we lost our first two to this awful disease we promised never to let another linger if that was the diagnosis. True to our word, we took the pain upon ourselves that day but leaving the vet's without her hurt like hell. No last rides in the car, no last favorite meals. Now I mourn for her and these rituals...feel like I cheated her, or more accurately, that life cheated her. She was only 9 and had been a good, good girl for the 6 years we had shared our home with her.

I’m so very sorry. I’ll take comfort knowing that Cooper met my Iker at the bridge the next day. They’re running free together.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

• 3 months later...

My dear Macoduck, please accept our apologies for my incredible incompetence in responding so late with our grateful thanks for including my poor Joey in this remembrance list. I fear I am not very good at this forum stuff, and I remember you from those many aeons ago, so you probably recall I wasn't very good at it then as well.

Your kind words here are a comfort to us all. Thank you.

"To leave the world a somewhat better place than it was when you came into it."

4 hours ago, Greystoked said:

My dear Macoduck, please accept our apologies for my incredible incompetence in responding so late with our grateful thanks for including my poor Joey in this remembrance list. I fear I am not very good at this forum stuff, and I remember you from those many aeons ago, so you probably recall I wasn't very good at it then as well.

Your kind words here are a comfort to us all. Thank you.

That's OK. I still turn into a blubbering mess any time I see a fawn greyhound after losing Mazy on New Years Day.

Rest assured that Joey is in good company over the Bridge.  :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Thank you. I think that is especially bad, losing someone on a holiday. I was afraid Joey wouldn't make it past Christmas, since he came to us near Christmas, which would've ruined the entire holiday season for poor Mary. I am very sorry to hear of Mazy's passing.

Right now we are just hoping another fine hound will show up needing a home. Mary has investigated a few shelters near us, and she has even considered a cat despite not being much of a cat person. I haven't been able to feel much enthusiasm. I can't imagine anything other than another greyhound. But I fully support her, and only insisted on cleaning the place up a bit first. Having had dogs, cats, birds, fish, frogs-lizards-snakes and more as a kid, I'm happy to share time with anything.

Of course what I really want, what we both want, is to have our Joey back with us. And Sweetie. Bear and Duke as well, even Frank if he promises never to latch onto/hang from Mary's arm ever again. And I guess that's natural, and everyone here can relate. But life is life and continues on, and the point, it seems to me, is to keep up and prepare for the next adventure. We'll just have to be patient, like everyone else, to see our dear boys again.

"To leave the world a somewhat better place than it was when you came into it."