Non Grey Puppy Labs/vomiting

Our 8 month old puppy has had vomiting issues off and on since we got her. Friday after eating a small portion of rice and boiled chicken(she vomited the day before), she threw up. It seems to make no difference what she has eaten, but after this time, we decided to take her to our regular vet. About 3 weeks prior, we took her to the ER vet for vomiting once, then not wanting to eat. They did 2 X-rays, checked a poop, kept her for 10 hours, but found nothing wrong. Our vet took blood work yesterday and called me today with results. He said she has a slight elevation in her globulin level, and also has high cholesterol. He said normal cholesterol is up to 345, she was 388. She barely weighs 11 lbs, and has never been a big eater. She vomits once or twice a week. We do not give her anything but puppy food, but we do have 2 different kinds right now, one for meals and one for treats. The vet approved both.

She is a poodle mix, the runt of the litter, and her parents weigh 15 and 17 lbs, while she remains at 11. Any ideas as to what might be going on ? She is bouncy and happy and playful. She will take a "treat" any time, but never is gung ho about her food. He is going to talk to an internal medicine vet, but I am hoping to get a few ideas from my experts here at GT.

Thank you

Karen

No brilliant ideas...just hoping for a good outcome. :grouphug

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

She vomits up whole food, but I have seen the yellow bile a time or two. Her esophagus looked like it was full of air on the first X-ray, but normal on the second one. She vomits at all times of the day, not always after a meal. She also get horribly car sick, and throws up almost always in the car. The vet just told me I could use Dramamine for the car rides.

Her kidney and liver functions were completely normal.

Karen

My first thought was megaesophagus (causes regurgitation/vomiting that leads to poor growth in youngsters), but I'm no vet. If I remember correctly, there are a few other esophageal problems that can present similarly. It might be worth reading up on these (find a reputable site if you can, something geared towards vets, not a blog on a website) and suggesting them to your vet if any fit her symptoms.

How's her poop?

Mom of bridge babies Regis and Dusty.

Wrote a book about shelter dogs!

I sell things on Etsy!

My first thought was megaesophagus (causes regurgitation/vomiting that leads to poor growth in youngsters), but I'm no vet. If I remember correctly, there are a few other esophageal problems that can present similarly. It might be worth reading up on these (find a reputable site if you can, something geared towards vets, not a blog on a website) and suggesting them to your vet if any fit her symptoms.

How's her poop?

I will look at this and the others, thank you. Poop is perfect.

Karen