Restless Sleep

Guest Trena

Guest Trena

My greyhound just's flips and flops around at night switching positions. Is this normal behavior for Greys or does it just depend on dog?

Guest Parkjnl

My 6yo girl sometimes will flop around and sometimes I feel like I should put a mirror under her nose to make sure it fogs up!

Make sure a soft warm quiet spot to sleep try a kennel as they feel safe in an enclosed spot

Dark corner behind a chair??

Check that she is not cold by putting a blanket on her when she is curled up at bedtime. If she shakes it off, she is not cold. And check that she is not sleeping in a cold draft. Next make sure she isn't hungry by giving her a bedtime snack. If neither work, concentrate on learning to sleep thru the noise. My sister uses earplugs.

There is nothing particulary "greyhound" about a noisy sleeper. Some dogs do that, some dogs don't.

Since you live in NC, I doubt she's cold.

How much exercise is she getting?

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

"Since you live in NC, I doubt she's cold."

It is cold here! There was ice on the windshield this morning and we live near the coast.

Trena, I'd try placing a light blanket on her. My Mazy refuses a blanket or jammies. She can be rather restless at night and eventually seeks out a different room to sleep in. Hmm, maybe my snoring keeps her up?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png