Nasal Mites

I have used ivermectrin a lot on MANY animals- including greyhounds- at many dose levels for many things and have always found it to be one of the most safe drugs. It is one of the very few drugs on my personal list that I will use. Have never observed any side effects whatsoever.

Our Greyhound was successfully treated for a heavy nasal mite infestation upon retirement almost ten years ago. The ivermectin treatments worked very well, and no side effects were noticed. Previously, she had been miserable from the nasal mite infestation, which also damaged her sense of smell, which negatively affected her interest in food. Ivermectin was a welcome treatment which resulted in her full recovery.

• 1 month later...
Guest GoingGrey

So what are nasal mites?

I've heard of nasal worms, and just treated Jammer for them with Ivermec (as a just-in-case, didn't have definitive symptoms).

Are they the same?

Working at a low-cost spay/neuter clinic, I know we treat cats & dogs w/Ivermectin post-surgery if their ears are full of obvious mites, but there's never been mention of nasal mites...!

Ivermectin is extremely safe and has been in use for many years.

If your dog has nasal mites, and that's the recommended treatment, please get it taken care of. Can you imagine how uncomfortable that must be??

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck