New Grey Doesn't Want To Play

Oh my goodness, she's so lovely!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

This is such a great post. Such a reminder. The early days. At first Ned moved around like a strange black deer. Keeping in the distance and looking quite large in a house. Just looking grateful that he was't being physically hurt... After a while. it all changed. Now in the mornings especially or else when you least expect it. Like "a jack in the box" hope this is internationally understood as a toy that jumps out of a box. The sheer joy each morning out of that hound , the willingness, encouragement to play :ghplaybow .. a dear friend got in touch after several years absence. She had adopted a young greyhound and was concerned after 15 years of living with a loved collie.. Her greyhound didn't play, just looked slept. I smiled inside and out. said wait and see ... surely not all hounds love to play. But for sure, many many do :flip they play and love like every day is their last it must be their big hearts... Welcome to you Riverclyde and luna, I am new too.. I think this is a great place, forum and people. And people who cherish greyhounds are doubly blessed.

Some like toys, some don't. Sometimes it takes them a while to settle in and figure out that they do. One of mine is tennis ball obsessed and will play fetch until she drops of exhaustion(usually into her pool), my angel boys both loved toys and zoomed around with them all the time. All you had to do was throw one and they went wild. My oldest girl only picks up toys and moves them to whatever spot she has designated as the place where they go. Basically, she cleans them up after the wild Ibizan-play parties. :lol:

Your Luna is lovely. What a sweet face.

(and its the £1.99 toys I bought, not the £9.99+ toys she likes).

Buying used human toys at yard sales or charity shops and taking off the swallow-able parts is an economical way to enable a dog's toy habit

She'll play chase with me as I run about the house from her.

Playing hide-and-go-seek is a fun way to teach/reinforce stay and recall

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter