Tagless Collar Recommendations?

I'm looking to purchase a couple tagless collars for our 2 Grey Girls. I'm wanting to find a lightweight, durable collar where the i.d. info would be easily readable. I've searched the internet & there are SO many of them available! If it is the type that has a metal engraved tag attached to the collar, I would want stainless steel rivets, etc that wouldn't rust, etc. But I do want them to be lightweight, as our Girls are usually "naked" unless we are taking them out of the house for a walk or ride. We have martingale collars with their tags attached when we take them for walks or rides, but we don't like all the noisy tag rattling in the house.

Anyone have some good recommendations & experiences with any particular ones?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/godsgreyts

http://www.brooksleatherworks.com

Mike is here on GT. I just ordered a tag collar from him.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

These aren't pretty but they are super functional and safe. The O Ring allows a dog to slip out in case of an emergency hang up (as long as it is fitted correctly), the dayglo and reflective strips make the dog easier to see if they were to get out/go on a night walk/be in a dark yard/etc. They hold up beautifully, never hold a smell even if they go swimming in them a bunch, and still look new after years of constant use (water-resistant, anti-fade, anti-microbial). You can customize the flat, riveted plate with your info and the tags come free with the collar purchase. They are strong enough to grab a dog if needed but seem comfortable overall. I have used these for years on a decent sized pack (6-8 plus fosters and visitors) and really like them. They are a great value for less than $9.

http://www.lcsupply.com/LCS-Reflective-Day-Glow-O-Ring/productinfo/RDCO/

You can see how reflective they are with just a little light.

13716062_10100854748130146_3134154694672

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

Photos of my favorite reflective, embroidered ID collars (phone# was blocked out for privacy reasons in this photo).

med_gallery_18414_3447_22988.jpg

(Phone # was blocked out for this photo post.)

med_gallery_18414_3447_68972.jpg

Camera's tiny flash reflection against snow.

My revised snippet quote from a previous GT thread:

"We've had drivers stop to say they could see these ID collars from several long blocks away. As a Greyhound search team leader, I know these collars have helped prevent Greyhounds from being hit by cars. They're extremely helpful to searchers day or night, especially on dark Greyhounds. A flashlight's reflection on similar collar revealed a scared, deeply hidden, loose Greyhound under thick brush in the darkest of night. Dogs are more visible inside their own fenced back yard during business outings too.

Dog's name and cell phone number is highly visible from the outside of the collar, and can be read from afar if a Greyhound won't let anyone approach to read a tiny tag. (A tiny tag is practically impossible to read at night, even by a street light.)

Reflective ID Collar source: http://www.fancyk9s.com/collar/identification

Black embroidery is most visible against light reflective material.

5/8" I.D. collar width (with side-release latch) works well since Greyhounds wear separate Martingale collars for walking.

We request the tag ring be cut off for additional safety.

(Tip: I.D. collar should be placed lower on neck than the Martingale. If Martingale slips off by accident, I.D. collar is less likely to be pulled off too.)

Battery operated lights are helpful at night, but if leash latch malfunctions resulting in escaped hound, battery lights will die if hound is on the loose for an extended time; thus, reflective material is important. I like reflective dog harnesses or vests for winter walking too."

ETA: Unless a hound has a medical problem, IMO, flat I.D. collars should be worn 24/7. ;)Pet parents usually don't expect their hounds to accidentally escape from home, but it happens often (as seen in GT's Amber Alert). Only exception is dog's collar should be removed whenever s/he is locked inside a crate.

(Newbie readers: A separate I.D. collar is recommended, so Martingale collars can be reserved for leashed walks/public outings since the big D-ring can get caught on things inside the house, yard, or on fence. Any tags on Martingales should be placed on side hardware, not the D-ring. If tags are on D-ring, tags increase danger of catching something causing strangulation.)

Edited by 3greytjoys

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the Greyt ideas! I wasn't aware of many of these mentioned. Now I have a tougher time with all the choices! Although that's a greyt position to be in! Thank you for posting your photos also--very helpful & I enjoy seeing your hounds!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all!!

These aren't pretty but they are super functional and safe. The O Ring allows a dog to slip out in case of an emergency hang up (as long as it is fitted correctly), the dayglo and reflective strips make the dog easier to see if they were to get out/go on a night walk/be in a dark yard/etc. They hold up beautifully, never hold a smell even if they go swimming in them a bunch, and still look new after years of constant use (water-resistant, anti-fade, anti-microbial). You can customize the flat, riveted plate with your info and the tags come free with the collar purchase. They are strong enough to grab a dog if needed but seem comfortable overall. I have used these for years on a decent sized pack (6-8 plus fosters and visitors) and really like them. They are a great value for less than $9.

http://www.lcsupply.com/LCS-Reflective-Day-Glow-O-Ring/productinfo/RDCO/

You can see how reflective they are with just a little light.

13716062_10100854748130146_3134154694672

Your Greys are SO beautiful! I've not seen such coloration before. Are they from the same litter?

Also, I see that you are located in upstate SC, as am I. Do you mind me asking more specifically what city you live closest to? Just curious.

My husband & I & our 2 Grey Girls live in York.

Your Greys are SO beautiful! I've not seen such coloration before. Are they from the same litter?

Also, I see that you are located in upstate SC, as am I. Do you mind me asking more specifically what city you live closest to? Just curious.

My husband & I & our 2 Grey Girls live in York.

Thank you, but they are actually Ibizan Hounds. :) They are not related. The one in the back is Nova and he is 7-years-old and the one snuggling on him is Aziza and she is 8-months-old. I have several Ibizans and a couple of Greyhounds. I'm close to Greenville. I spent a decent amount of time in York when I was at Winthrop though. :)

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

2Hounds makes a gorgeous velvet tag collar with a jingle free tag.

It's way better than just having a name (useless!) sewn onto the collar (you'd want the phone number, not the dog's name).

www.2houndsdesign.com

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I ordered my tag collars from https://www.etsy.com/shop/godsgreyts, the same link that Macoduck suggested above. I have two black hounds, so I ordered the collars in solid black nylon with a strip of reflective material. They did the flat, boomerang tags in shop as well. My girls have been wearing them 24/7 for over 2.5 years, and they are still in excellent condition.

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

Photos of my favorite reflective, embroidered ID collars (phone# was blocked out for privacy reasons in this photo).

It's way better than just having a name (useless!) sewn onto the collar (you'd want the phone number, not the dog's name).

Of course that would be useless. Perhaps the note about my phone # being blocked for this public post was missed. The phone # is as large and clear as the name on the outside of the collar, which can be read from afar if a dog won't allow a capture.

My revised snippet quote from a previous GT thread:

"We've had drivers stop to say they could see these ID collars from several long blocks away. As a Greyhound search team leader, I know these collars have helped prevent Greyhounds from being hit by cars. They're extremely helpful to searchers day or night, especially on dark Greyhounds. A flashlight's reflection on similar collar revealed a scared, deeply hidden, loose Greyhound under thick brush in the darkest of night. Dogs are more visible inside their own fenced back yard during business outings too.

Dog's name and cell phone number is highly visible from the outside of the collar, and can be read from afar if a Greyhound won't let anyone approach to read a tiny tag. (A tiny tag is practically impossible to read at night, even by a street light.)

Reflective ID Collar source: http://www.fancyk9s.com/collar/identification

Black embroidery is most visible against light reflective material.

5/8" I.D. collar width (with side-release latch) works well since Greyhounds wear separate Martingale collars for walking.

We request the tag ring be cut off for additional safety.

(Tip: I.D. collar should be placed lower on neck than the Martingale. If Martingale slips off by accident, I.D. collar is less likely to be pulled off too.)

Battery operated lights are helpful at night, but if leash latch malfunctions resulting in escaped hound, battery lights will die if hound is on the loose for an extended time; thus, reflective material is important. I like reflective dog harnesses or vests for winter walking too."

ETA: Unless a hound has a medical problem, IMO, flat I.D. collars should be worn 24/7. ;) Pet parents usually don't expect their hounds to accidentally escape from home, but it happens often (as seen in GT's Amber Alert). Only exception is dog's collar should be removed whenever s/he is locked inside a crate.

(Newbie readers: A separate I.D. collar is recommended, so Martingale collars can be reserved for leashed walks/public outings since the big D-ring can get caught on things inside the house, yard, or on fence. Any tags on Martingales should be placed on side hardware, not the D-ring. If tags are on D-ring, tags increase danger of catching something causing strangulation.)

These are really great. Do you find they hold up well?

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

we use hotdogcollars.com the Custom ID collars are lightweight, bright and easy to read from a distance. So someone doesnt even need to touch your dog to read the collar and report it roaming free. (because we all know catching a scared hound isnt easy).

Guest goofydog

Adjustable velvet tag collar (no rings) from Houndstown and a boomerang tag with Name, cell and home numbers on 24/7/365. Martingale with rabies tag on walks or outings.

Yes, they're in great shape. Never had to replace any in a decade. I ordered an extra reflective I.D. collar to use for fosters and visitors: I'M LOST + my cell phone number.

Thanks! I do believe I'm going to buy a couple :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire