Need Info On Wobbler's Syndrome

Guest azlorenz

Guest azlorenz

We suspect our 8 year old Neek has Wobbler's Syndrom/Disease. Our appointment with the neurologist is Friday morning. Any info, input, experience is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

My neurologist, Dr. Jason King (Savannah, Ga) said my Greyhound had a condition that was very similar to Wobbler's. He operated on her and replaced several of her disks. It was a VERY successful surgery and she had no more back problems. Check him out on the web.

Guest azlorenz

Thanks everyone.

My neurologist, Dr. Jason King (Savannah, Ga) said my Greyhound had a condition that was very similar to Wobbler's. He operated on her and replaced several of her disks. It was a VERY successful surgery and she had no more back problems. Check him out on the web.

I will. We have been trying to find an answer for so long. We have ruled out so many things that neurological is our next stop. She has no knuckling or incontinence but has lost a lot of sensation in her lower legs and has muscle wasting in the rear end (most dramatic being over the last 2 months).

Guest azlorenz

I hadn't heard of Wobbler Syndrome before, but when I looked it up the symptoms seem quite similar to those of lumbosacral stenosis (LS). I wonder how one tells the difference?

Good luck with your appointment!

I was fully expecting an LS diagnosis at the vet's office today so won't be surprised if LS is the diagnosis rather than Wobbler. I am expecting an MRI or CT Scan for diagnosis. Trying to keep positive.

• 4 weeks later...