Lazy Paw Pickup

Everything has been fine this morning and out of the blue I watch and hear Ryder drag his paws across the laminate. Just looked like he was being lazy or something but I know better. Then I asked him to walk toward me and he was only dragging his back left. Then he got moving and all was fine. I asked him to lay down and he is now sleeping. What happened?

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Could his leg have been asleep after laying down?

Rocket is doing something similar with his right front after getting up from a bed or the floor. Not all the time, but more often than I like. No pain, and no dragging or limping once he gets moving. Yesterday he walked a mile with Trolley and had no issues.

I'm assuming that his leg is numb or going to sleep when he lays down, but we are going to go the vet this week to check it out. We took an x-ray about 6 months ago when that same leg had some tendon sensitivity and it was perfectly clean, so I may have another one taken since we have a clean x-ray to compare it to.

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest Sportingfields

Could be neurological, pinched nerve in neck or along spine. Your vet can do some basic mobility tests in this office to see if that angle needs further testing. I do know from personal experience with 2 of my dogs, cervical disk issues can't be seen on xray, you need CT/MRI then neuro work up for accurate diagnosis.

Just read this with that in mind in your other thread! I'm wondering though how to do this - i.e. get the tape sent to a vet to do it, sent to my chiro to do it, let alone getting them on board with the idea, or I do it myself???

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Guest Sportingfields

Check this out! It helped a dog just like Ryder. Just seen it this morning and remembered Ryder when I was reading it.

https://drbrunke.wordpress.com/2016/08/18/kinesiology-taping-for-dogs-whats-with-all-this-tape/

The Rocketape really looks interesting and I'd think well worth discussing with both your vet and ortho/chiro. I'd think as with anything else, first you need accurate diagnosis on your dog's condition, so you can use this effectively.

• 4 weeks later...