Fitting Freedom No Pull Harness

Guest MAF

I did a lot of research before purchasing a harness and decided do go with the Freedom harness from 2 Hounds Design. I ended up needing to send it back to have a hybrid harness created, but I was very pleased with the customer service! I just received the altered harness and want to ensure I've fit it properly. Shuffler isn't much of a puller (kind of a slower walker, actually), but occasionally she goes nuts if there's a teeny-tiny dog on our walking route.

For those who use this harness, does it look like it's sitting in the right spot on her? I've never fit a harness before.

IMG_3850_zpsefnor8cl.jpg

IMG_3853_zps0npuhewk.jpg

Looks good though it looks like the straps around her chest may be a bit too snug.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

It looks good to me, too. You might have already figured this out, but if she occasionally goes nuts, you should attach the leash to the D-ring at the withers instead of the one on her chest. The withers D-ring is on the martingale loop of the harness and that's what prevents escapes. Also I prefer it because it holds the heavy leash hardware up so that it doesn't pull the leash down to tangle around the dog's legs (like what happens with collars or putting the leash on the chest D-ring).

Then when you get in a situation where you need to assert more control over her, (gently) pull UP on the leash, not back toward you. Up tightens the chest strap the most.

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow