Fusions 1St Dental Is Today

Guest Lygracilux

Guest Lygracilux

Fusion was supposed to have his dental a week ago, but due to me having the flu and having an ice storm that made our streets not-so-safe; we rescheduled for today.

I dropped him off at the vet about an hour ago, and will be picking him up around 3. Im such a mess, it broke my heart leaving him...he was all nervous and had no idea what was going on. But he is my strong boy, and I know he will be just fine.

This is his 1st dental ever, and there will definitely be a few extractions-so any advice on how to make him comfortable during healing time would be greatly appreciated.

Ps. Hope everyone had a great holiday (:

Fingers crossed that everything goes well! If he has extractions, he may have some bloody drool today and tonight. It should be gone by tomorrow. He may or may not want to eat tonight, soft food for awhile (my vet said two weeks) but he will probably be back to normal in a day or so. Your vet should give him something for the pain, Val got Metacam and Tramadol.

Guest Lygracilux

Good news! Fusion didn't need any extractions. He was very nervous the whole time though. Apparently he got a bit of a temp before going under, but he was fine. When he came out of anesthesia he was again nervous and panting, and I was at work for about an hour and a half until I could pick him up. The vets office was absolutely wonderful. They walked him outside to keep him cool, and put him in one of the vets office rooms with a half door so he could peek out instead of a crate to wait for me.

He slept all afternoon/night yesterday, and he is currently almost back to his normal self.
Also his teeth look amazing!!