Pee Pads

Looking for suggestions for disposable pee pads to put inside a crate for my 85 year old dad's small dog who has peeing in his crate at night. I am looking into possible UTI but in the mean time want to try and keep it easy for dad to keep clean. Is there anything I need to watch out for as far as things they are made out of that could be potentially harmful?? Thanks!

There are plenty of options for disposable pads - even in most grocery stores. If you want a longer term solution, look into hospital bed incontinence pads. They are more durable and washable.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

They are made of paper and plastic, so it could be a problem if he swallows them. I don't think I've ever heard of a dog doing so, however.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I just bought reusable washable incontinence pads for Breeze. I got them from Allegro Medical and they were on sale for $3.99 each. I wash them when soiled - they come out great in the wash! http://www.allegromedical.com/incontinence-c525/reusable-bedpads-p563572.html

I just tried the link and realized that it didn't work. Go to the Allegro website and search "Becks Reusable bed pads". They come in 24X36 and 36X52in sizes.

Edited by Potomacpupsmom

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

I tried the disposable ones, and my girl thought they were FABULOUS -- to shred, that is. Yup, she scratched and shook, and made sure she got little pieces of 'paper' on top of and behind every piece of furniture in the room.

I'd try them once, and if you're concerned about the shredding, I'd put an old bath towel on top of it (simple to wash, but protects the pup).

I have a nice selection of washable pads that work beautifully ... I've not got any strong preferences on brand.

If your dad's pup sleeps in bed with him, you might want to get a good, terrycloth waterproof mattress pad. I got mine on QVC, and I can't tell that its waterproof until its doing its job (no crackling, seems quite breathable, etc).