Burping?

Guest SonjaAndStella

Guest SonjaAndStella

Hi! My four year old girl has been doing this thing lately where it seems as if she's burping a few times a day, and it doesn't smell very good. I've never seen any of my other dogs do anything like this... has anyone seen theirs do this?

I'm by no means an expert, but it sounds like acid reflux, especially if it stinks. How often and how much do you feed her? Sweep has a good burp shortly after a meal (and usually in my face--compliments to the chef!) but not generally more often than that, and it doesn't really smell. It's safe to give Pepcid, but I'd wait to see if some folks with more experience weigh in.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Mine rarely burp.

If it seems excessive you could try some Gas-X (the original with no additional in it).

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png