Greetings From Florida

Guest joremson

Guest joremson

Hello, everyone. I have never posted on this forum before but have used it many times for the wonderful resources and insight from other greyhound owners. My name is Jo and I have two greyhounds - Hank and Groove. They are my 4th and 5th hounds. We currently live in Boca Raton, FL and along with one inside cat and two outdoor feral cats and a handful of neighborhood ducks. Believe it or not, these two show no interested in any of the inside or outside animals, other than giving them a good sniff. I say currently live in Boca because I was offered an amazing job and will be relocating to Bentonville, Arkansas. I was hoping that some of the readers out there live in the area so I will have a chance to meet other greyhound owners and also get the inside scoop on sitters as I will need to travel. I also hope to make some new friends since I don't know anyone there. If you are living in the NWA area and want to contact me directly, please do. I really could use as much help as possible getting the hounds situated with new friends, vets, sitters, and other fun things to do in the area.

Jo, Hank and Groove

Guest joremson

Thanks so much for the offer to watch my kids. I will let you know if I need your help. I am sure it will get crazy for me in the next few weeks and that might work out nicely.

Jo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FloridaGirl

Hey there! I am a Florida native marooned in NW Arkansas as well (Springdale, just a few minutes down the road from bville) and soon to be ex-racer mamma! I can't believe I'll have another Floridian with a grey here! I've been searching and searcing recently to see if there are any groups up here, and sadly it looks like there are not. Maybe once you get settled in and my new lad and I get to know each other, we can start one?

Good luck on the trip - I moved here back in June and I miss my homeland every minute of the day. I'm sticking to my guns and making my way through grad school, though, so I've gotta stick around for at least a few years, hehe. But then...zoom, back to where my soul lives - la Florida. <3

Safe travels!

Guest joremson

Hi, Florida Girl! I am not loving this NWA weather this week and I really could use a bout of sun and warmth. I am sure you feel the same. I saw your post and we will definitely have to get together with our houndies. I see you might be bringing home a wonderful boy named Claymore - is he with you yet? I will be heading back to S. Florida at the end of next week to move my household goods and pick up my boys. I miss them so much after one week, but realized a corporate apartment and a new job would not have been a good welcome for them. I am sure that once we get back and settled, I will be able to make them feel more at home. So, you are in grad school at Uof Arkansas? That is great? I don't know if you received my request to be a friend, but would like to email you privately instead of using this board for posting messages to you. I hope you warm up this weekend!

Hey there! I am a Florida native marooned in NW Arkansas as well (Springdale, just a few minutes down the road from bville) and soon to be ex-racer mamma! I can't believe I'll have another Floridian with a grey here! I've been searching and searcing recently to see if there are any groups up here, and sadly it looks like there are not. Maybe once you get settled in and my new lad and I get to know each other, we can start one?

Good luck on the trip - I moved here back in June and I miss my homeland every minute of the day. I'm sticking to my guns and making my way through grad school, though, so I've gotta stick around for at least a few years, hehe. But then...zoom, back to where my soul lives - la Florida. <3

Safe travels!

Hi, FloridaGirl, I posted on the site without realizing I could post directly to this - shows I am a newbie. Please see that response! Hope you are doing your best to stay warm!

Guest FloridaGirl

Since we're both new I don't think we can message each other quite yet. And YES I am hating this weather! I think it's pretty at first, but the fact that it's sticking around stinks! Plus, the wind in this neck of the woods is absolute MURDER. It would actually be tolerable without that nasty bitter wind.

I go to get Claymore tomorrow and we start our journey together. I'm so nervous but in a positive way.

As for grad school, I'm not at U of A but at Stephen F Austin in Nacogdoches TX - it's an online MS in Resource Interp (the only program of its kind - works directly with the NPS). There's a tuition discount for border states. I couldn't bring myself to be SO far away in TX, plus I visited here once a few years back and wanted to get to know it so I didn't have a "what if" itching at me. :)

Have fun back home, and good luck to the rest of your move! It's a culture shock, especially if you're a FL native like myself. We gotta stick together!