Hunger Strike

I agree with Burpdog. I still wish I had tried raw on Huck. He came from the tracks with IBD and my vet was never able to control it. He had to go on B12 shots and I tried every dog food on the market. Now I feed both of my hounds about 1/3 kibble and the rest raw. Works for us. Oh, and bone cancer got Huck, but I believe that IBD would have killed him.

I spoke with the vet again about the possibility of pancreatitis and he does not feel like she has any symptoms of it at all, and did not feel that extra tests are needed at this time.

I have been putting a smashed up sardine in her food at least once a day and she likes that.

I am considering raw, but I think it will be difficult because we are gone and leave her at the kennel a lot. Our kennel does not do raw feedings, not sure why. We may have to if she keeps losing. Remind me again if you leave the skin on things like chicken ?

I think if I could find a food that really stunk, she would be more interested. The Canidae that we are feeding now barely has any smell.

Karen

Your vet doesn't think that being a picky eater and skipping meals could be symptoms of chronic pancreatitis? Could be symptoms of something else, of course, but absolutely could be symptoms of chronic pancreatitis, as mentioned in the article I linked to above. If she were my dog, I'd be doing a trial now of a very low fat, moderate protein diet. Easy and inexpensive and you'd soon see if it made any difference or not. Nothing to lose and plenty to gain IMO. I wish you luck in finding a way of helping her.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting