Wiley Picked A Fight With A Porcupine & Lost...

Guest DogNewbie

Guest DogNewbie

Last night, the BF, Wiley and I went for a walk down a trail by our house. Halfway through our trip back, Wiley starts rubbing his nose on everything. When we get a closer look, he had 8 porcupine quills in his lip, nose & cheeks! Of course this happened at night after hours, so we called the vet to get them removed. Wiley was really good, he just stood there while the vet and vet tech pulled them out. He didn't even need to be sedated! Anyway, $300 later, Wiley has a quill free nose, pain meds and antibiotics! We are so proud of him for being so well behaved when he was in pain and stressed. He sure has come a long way.

It sure is scary to see your dog come up to you with long needle-looking things hanging out of his face. I'm just glad he is OK! Hopefully he will learn his lesson and leave these little guys alone from now on!

Guest DogNewbie

Me too! I was absolutely horrified. It happens a lot around here, but I have never seen it myself. Poor guy, he was probably in a lot of pain. At least he didn't have any in his mouth or tongue!

Glad he got off sorta lucky and hope he feels better.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross