Skinny-Shamed By Pet Store. Is My Greyhound Too Thin?

Guest CleverJason

The only thing that really bugs me about their weight is that the old truism about owners starting to look like their dogs hasn't really happened for me yet. I'm still a bit overweight, but my dogs groove along looking awesome. Which probably means that if I paid as much attention to my own health and diet as I do to the dogs' I'd look pretty good too. :rolleyes:

Yepper. I've let my grey get overweight recently. She's been a skinny mini (even for a grey) for MANY years- but age caught up with her, When she was skinny - I was researching - asking questions - accommodating. When she stopped eating - I was all over it. Not that she's getting heavy - I'm all over it - researching foods, exploring cooked and raw , etc. Researching supplements, etc.

In the meantime - I've pudged up myself. Am I working as hard at fixing MY diet and exercise as I am my dog's? NOOOO! Do I take MY vitamins or make sure I have a balanced diet - No. If I watched MY diet as much as I did my dog's - I'd probably be A LOT healthier! :hehe

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic