Guest Alisongreylover

Guest Alisongreylover

Hi, i am a new retired greyhound mum and would like some advice about which wormer is safe to use as i have heard many are toxic for greyhounds, i am going to use Advocate as a flea treatment, can anyone advise please

Hi Alison, I was given a tube of Advocate for my greyhound when she came to me at the end of January & was told that would do for worms too. Last week I found roundworms in her stools and, after checking a couple of threads here on GT, bought Drontal Plus from my local pet shop. I have been given that by my vet for my whippet so decided it should be fine for a greyhound. She had 3 tablets last week and had no ill effects. I found out I could get them for about half the price on line so I ordered some so that I could dose the whippet now (one & half tablets) & have a dose ready for both dogs in three months.

it's good to see another UK member on the board!

Carol.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

I live in Canada but purchase my heartworm products (Revolution) from Australia from http://www.bestvaluepetsupplies.com because they are less than half the price I pay here. They carry dewormers too.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross