Good Kibble For Ibs

Guest Celestrina

We found Dick Van Pattens limited, unique, protein kibbles to be good and were recommended by our vet. We chose duck and sweet potato, but, there is rabbit, venison, lamb, etc. It is pricey as well.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Celestrina

We found Dick Van Pattens limited, unique, protein kibbles to be good and were recommended by our vet. We chose duck and sweet potato, but, there is rabbit, venison, lamb, etc. It is pricey as well.

Not as much as the Rx food. Z/d is around $85-90 for a 25 lb bag, the venison LID is around $53 for a 28 lb bag.

Guest Gemma

We have also had success with the LID formulas mentioned above. Currently, I have my boy on Taste of the Wild (High Prairie). They have a chicken free version called Pacific Stream, I believe. It costs approx $45-50 depending on where you buy.

We also put our boy on Fortiflora probiotic daily for his digestive issues. We don't have a formal diagnosis since we didn't want to do any invasive testing but he seems to have some form of IBS/IBD. He would get frequent diarrhea and then recurrent fresh blood in his stools. Only the TOTW food and the Fortiflora have made a difference, although we also have to be careful about what kind of treats he gets.

My lab mix was on the z/d food (vet told us he had IBS/crones and recommended it) for awhile and every time we tried to switch him he would backslide again. I don't like science diet so I was constantly searching for a better quality food that wouldn't upset his tummy. I finally stumbled on Acana. Their grainfree regionals formula are great. He does well on either the Pacifica (salmon) or Ranchlands (beef) version. They are pricey, but a much better quality of food than science diet. His coat was shiny again in about 2 weeks. It had become very dry and brittle while he was on the z/d.

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop

Guest Giselle

Have you thought about a homecooked diet? If you can currently and comfortably pay for the prescription diet right now, a homecooked diet would probably be even cheaper. It's a little more work, but I treat it as just cooking for another mouth in the house :)

I use the Costco Natures Domain salmon food. It's almost identical to Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream formula. It's about $35 for 30 pounds. Bu can't have chicken either. California Natural has at least one chicken free formula. There are lots of chicken free foods out there, just read the ingredients.