What Freaked Out Molly?

My Molly is absolutely bombproof. In 2 years I have yet to find anything that scares her, shakes her or freaks her out. Tonight I let the dogs out and she didn't come in when I called, not even with the the squeeker (to which she always responds). I went out to get her and found her hudled in the corner behind the shed absolutely FROZEN and shaken. She refused to move. I checked her over quickly and didn't see anything noticeable. I thought maybe she felt trapped because there's a little ice on one side. I walked her back and got her back on the trail and she still refused to move. I walked her back into the house and she was still a little shaken. I blocked off the other 2 and thoroughly checked her over; no noticeable anything-cuts, owies or anything. We snuggled and I gave her a piece of cheese which she happily took. I let her back in with the other 2 and she's fine.

So, any ideas what happened?

What a mystery!

Your location is not listed. Do you live in an area that might have snakes, large insects or unusual wildlife that is coming out of hibernation? Was it dark outside? Do you live in an urban or rural situation (thinking groundhogs, racoons, rats, porcupines)? If she was near a shed perhaps something quickly crossed her path and startled her.

Is Molly old enough to consider doggie dementia?

This morning and afternoon it was like nothing ever happened. She was out running like nothing ever happend. She was fine. I think she slipped on the ice too and got spooked. She got back in the house and was right back to running, barking and bossing the boys around. I promise you it freaked me out more than her. :):hehe The girl is truly bombproof...even when she's upset.