Apples Are Magic.

Guest ayimera

Guest ayimera

So ever since we got Jinn her poops have been sort of mushy or all-out-pudding. Usually we can pick them up, but have to be careful or else they just get smooshed into the ground (fun topic, I know). We feed her Nature's Domain from costco with pumpkin add-in (we've tried both the dried flake stuff and canned). It seemed to help a little, but not a ton. Recently we bought a bunch of apples and started feeding Jinn 2 or so slices when we'd eat one. Her poos started to be amazing, more firm and solid. As long as we trash the core/seeds, is it ok to feed her a quarter or so of apple a day? It's really helping and she loves to eat it!

Edited by ayimera

Yep, it is. Lots of Greys like veggies and fruit. I'll have to try apples again to see if they help Annie's poo. She's always turned her nose up at fruit & veggies but I haven't tried them in a long time. Maybe an apple cut up with her watered kibble would go unnoticed.

ETA: Didn't work. I have nice, sweet apples in the house. I cut part of one up into small bites, mixed thoroughly with kibble and watched my sweet bratty girl pick each apple piece out with her lips and drop on the floor. When she fished 'em all out, she ate the kibble and then brought 4 apple pieces, one at a time, to me and dropped them at my feet as if to say, "You eat them."

Edited by Feisty49

I occasionally will give my pups apple sauce if for some reason they have loose stools. Works a charm. I wonder if Annie Bella could work her way around that :rofl

edited to add...only all natural apple sauce, no sugar added.

Edited by june

Many fruits and veg contain what is called moderately digestible fibre, it seems to really help with tricky tummies. As long as the apples you feed aren't to acidic I don't see any problem.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Interesting - apples / applesauce GIVE my Bella loose poops.

She either doesn't need the extra mdf or she finds them too acidic. Everyones different.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rathma

We have recently started juicing here in our home and I was running out of ideas as to what to do with all the leftover pulp.

I started feeding it to the dogs with their regular meals and they gobbled it up. It definately firmed up their poops but did make them a little larger.

As I'm typing this, I have juice pulp treats cooking in the oven. Hopefully they will be a hit as well.

Just a thought! :ding