Elevated Liver Enzymes In Galgo Beatrix

winnie

You may want to consider talking to the vet about whether it is worth re-doing the tests for Mediterranean diseases - It could be she was exposed but, too early to get titers or maybe exposed after the tests.

Other than the liver, her bloodwork was all normal. We tested for lepto, but our vet didn't suggest any other tests at this time. Considering that we're already up to about $1,500 in vet bills for the past month, we're going to hold off on further tests unless there is a reason we suspect something.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Just got the news that Beatrix's Lepto titer came back normal. YAY! Hopefully the Denamarin will do the trick to bring Beatrix's liver values back to normal. We have a recheck scheduled for 3/17.

Edited by winnie

:yay

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest LazyBlaze

Fantastic news Winnie! Also good is that my wee terrier's liver function test came back okay(ish): it was 16 (normal range is <15), and given that he's 14 the vet is not too concerned. We are adjusting his diet, putting him on milk thistle and SAM-e (similar to Denamarin) and re-checking in a month or two. So sounds like we are very much in the same boat. Phewee, and let's hope our adjustments have things heading in the right direction for Beatrix and my wee one.

Fantastic news Winnie! Also good is that my wee terrier's liver function test came back okay(ish): it was 16 (normal range is <15), and given that he's 14 the vet is not too concerned. We are adjusting his diet, putting him on milk thistle and SAM-e (similar to Denamarin) and re-checking in a month or two. So sounds like we are very much in the same boat. Phewee, and let's hope our adjustments have things heading in the right direction for Beatrix and my wee one.

Yes indeed. Best of luck with your little terrier too.

:clap What a relief! Hoping the meds will get her back on track.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown